7/19- Twins at Sox Gm 1, 4:10

flavum

• bmags pinned this topic

Want to say Thank You to the Moderation Team for isolating the trade rumors into a new folder.

I'm really looking forward to the DH tomorrow, I want the Sox to completely bury the Twins to the point that they decide to sell off everyone and tank until Carl Pohlad's great great great grandchildren have come and gone. I want garbage corporate field and their home team to be known as MLB Chernobyl, and the team to be relegated to the minor leagues.

I have been sick of the Twins for two decades. I want to live a healthy 40-50 more years, and never see them win another AL Central again in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

Next game mentality starts with the game threads, setting a great example flavum 🧐

Also want to say I love your avatar. I'm sorry someone attacked you for it earlier today. People need to accept The Truth.

Go Sox!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Also want to say I love your avatar. I'm sorry someone attacked you for it earlier today. People need to accept The Truth.

Go Sox!!!

Thank you SSHM, some posters can't get past their blind TLR lovefest to admire it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Want to say Thank You to the Moderation Team for isolating the trade rumors into a new folder.

I'm really looking forward to the DH tomorrow, I want the Sox to completely bury the Twins to the point that they decide to sell off everyone and tank until Carl Pohlad's great great great grandchildren have come and gone. I want garbage corporate field and their home team to be known as MLB Chernobyl, and the team to be relegated to the minor leagues.

I have been sick of the Twins for two decades. I want to live a healthy 40-50 more years, and never see them win another AL Central again in my lifetime. 

Go Sox!!!

Then the problem becomes complacency and not being challenged enough in their own division, which has been. the case for division ever since Indians' World Series run. 

It will be interesting to see how the AL East and NL West teams do in the playoffs since those are arguably the two toughest divisions...although that West is historically top heavy, even more so than the 2006 AL Central. 

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty limited to maybe 4-5 posters there, although some coming out of the woodwork more recently. 

No "TLR love fest"...just pointing out how repetitive and unwarranted  criticism, ageism, and snarky comments (or in one case an avatar)  have turned juvenile and petty. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tray said:

No "TLR love fest"...just pointing out how repetitive and unwarranted  criticism, ageism, and snarky comments (or in one case an avatar)  have turned juvenile and petty. 

You get behind the wheel of a car after drinking and you deserve every bit of snarky and immature criticism you get.

• Like 3

Just now, Ross Gload Fan said:

You get behind the wheel of a car after drinking and you deserve every bit of snarky and immature criticism you get.

At some point,  personal attacks no longer add anything and  become distracting. Not sure what you mean by immature criticism, but I suppose teenagers can post here.  Oh well, I am going to disengage with this foolery and return for the DHer later today. Proceed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Kopech SHOULD start Game 2.  If Lopez starts game 2, Sox are swinging the bat bottom 1 down 4-0. 

He pitched an inning yesterday so it would/should have been planned to have at least one off day if he was going to try to go 2+.

5 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Kopech SHOULD start Game 2.  If Lopez starts game 2, Sox are swinging the bat bottom 1 down 4-0. 

Lopez wasn't brought up to get lit up.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Then the problem becomes complacency and not being challenged enough in their own division, which has been. the case for division ever since Indians' World Series run. 

It will be interesting to see how the AL East and NL West teams do in the playoffs since those are arguably the two toughest divisions...although that West is historically top heavy, even more so than the 2006 AL Central. 

I don’t think there’s any evidence that’s a real “problem.”  I hope our division is weak for as long as possible throughout our window so we maximize our shots in the playoffs. We play plenty of games against out-of-division opponents anyway.  This isn’t college basketball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Did it hurt the patriots not being challenged enough in their own division? 

Step on their necks and laugh.

Different sport, where the QB/Brady or in NBA 2-3 superstars can control a game…see LAA playoff record or lack thereof with Trout and now Ohtani.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Different sport, where the QB/Brady or in NBA 2-3 superstars can control a game…see LAA playoff record or lack thereof with Trout and now Ohtani.

Trout, Ohtani, and Walsh might as well the supercharged, super-expensive version of the 2016 White Sox. The Sox took steps to avoid that this time around and built out depth to go along with the stars, which has been hysterically evident this season.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

couldn't matter less to why playing in a bad division makes you worse. 

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

There was a point where an AL central team played in the worlds series for like 5 out of 6 years in the 10s

Edited by mqr

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty limited to maybe 4-5 posters there, although some coming out of the woodwork more recently. 

I think there is plenty of middle ground people here who are pretty much over the hiring and are more focused on the how the team has performed under him. Plus seeing some posters continue to stick pins in their voodoo dolls every chance they get in nearly every thread they can work it just riles up the people who rather just focus on the team. If TLR was really such a villain surely he'd be in jail or at the very least in Bauer-like limbo.

I can imagine winning the World Series and the 1st words out of some peoples mouths will be about how TLR will get smashed again and the ensuing results will hopefully prevent him from managing again in 2023.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Just to add to this, I just saw this old tweet and it needed to be shared: