7/19- Twins at Sox Gm 1, 4:10

flavum

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yep—I think I fall in that category.  No fan of the hire and still nervous about in-game managing in the playoffs.  But that’s all outweighed by my excitement about the team’s performance, and I acknowledge that a) it’s entirely possible that TLR is responsible for some aspects of it that I’m not seeing and b) even if he’s not, at some point endlessly bitching about the manager of a really successful team kind of makes you look like a fanatic.

It is quite juvenile. 

• Like 3

Kopech is available today. He said it himself last night. The first step in getting him stretched out is to pitch back to back days.  They are being incredibly cautious with him, as they should.  If he aggravates the hammy again it puts any sort of swingman role he'd have in the playoffs in serious doubt.

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Kopech is available today. He said it himself last night. The first step in getting him stretched out is to pitch back to back days.  They are being incredibly cautious with him, as they should.  If he aggravates the hammy again it puts any sort of swingman role he'd have in the playoffs in serious doubt.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They have to be cautious not to burn him out this year, but they have to get him enough innings to make it possible for him to transition back to starter.

Reynaldo will probably have a quick hook with Kopech being his backup. I honestly don't mind it. I realize Lopez AAA numbers were straight garbage, but I do agree that we should at least see if we can turn him into anything that might still be useful for this team. Maybe we get lucky and he becomes a decent reliever. 

If not, well... it's a game against the Twins that we could win anyway even if Lopez does implode. 

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Twins announcers talking about how hamstrung we're going to be in a few years contract wise. Jack Parkman doing the play by play for the Twins? 

Lol...Abreu is gone after the 2022 season, Keuchel after 2022 or 2023, Grandal after 2023, Lynn after 2023 or 2024, & Hendriks after 2024.  Not like we have some Miguel Cabrera albatross waiting in the wings.