7/19- Twins at Sox Gm 1, 4:10

flavum

9 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Exactly, the running narrative on here is to blame TLR for everything.  How about the pitchers/players out there make the plays?  This talk that they wasted Kopech/Hendriks yesterday is simply ridiculous. If they blow the game yesterday then all the message board managers would complain Kopech and Hendriks weren't used.

Exactly the offense in general and then Andersons poor decision cost this game.  The bullpen should not have been needed in this game. 

Real bad offensive approach all day.

And now we concede game 2 with Lopez who won't  get out of the first. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

I don't exactly like some of his decisions this game.   If they lose it's totally on the offense though.  

This isn’t directed at you, but everyone should be blamed for the role they play in losses.  The offense sucked today and that contributed to the loss.  So did La Russa using Crochet in extras when he has proven time & time again that he can’t field his position well.  Guys shouldn’t get a free pass because others sucked a little bit more.

• Thanks 1

Just now, harkness99 said:

tim been red hot.. but he can not lay off inside pitches very often.. as in that 3-0 swing.

I think his emotions got him. Wanting to end it there. Sometimes you need to settle down and Tim got ahead of himself

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Why is everyone acting like it’s a 2-3 game division lead with Bieber back in Cy Young form?

Twins have nothing to lose…and White Sox perhaps letting up off the gas after two huge wins against the Astros.

Don't try to cheer us up.   All that is true.  Still a game they just gave away.  Try to win the 2nd game.  Bats need to do a 180 for that to happen. 

Engel had his pitch. Just like a lot of hitters in the lineup today had their pitches and failed to execute. Horrible performance by the offense today. It's almost liked they looked at Jax's ERA and thought they'd just breeze to victory by doing no prep/gameplan. Big shout out to Burger's brain fart/lack of awareness in the 8th and Larussa's poor decision to put in Burr instead of Kopech or Hendriks! 👌🤩

Exactly it’s on the offense not the manager. Your ace gave you a chance your best hitter had 3-0 with runners to bring home and choked on his spaghetti. It’s on them. Crochet needs time to learn and that’s fine . I say trade and get this team better. I suggested two players blocked to trade. Do it. 

Soxtalk after a Sox win vs a good team like Houston, suck it Astros! We da bess! 

Soxtalk after losing to a bad team, the Sox are a bunch of lifeless hacks! Tear this down and start a rebuild!

LMAO

There is absolutely no middle ground, haha. About the game, tough loss but it happens, now let's backdoor sweep these scrubs!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

1 minute ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Engel had his pitch. Just like a lot of hitters in the lineup today had their pitches and failed to execute. Horrible performance by the offense today. It's almost liked they looked at Jax's ERA and thought they'd just breeze to victory by doing no prep/gameplan. Big shout out to Burger's brain fart/lack of awareness in the 8th and Larussa's poor decision to put in Burr instead of Kopech or Hendriks! 👌🤩

If Burger doesn’t slip it’s likely an out at third…it’s not like our offense was automatic to score, either.

Letting Celestino just easily come home wasn’t the best idea, either.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This isn’t directed at you, but everyone should be blamed for the role they play in losses.  The offense sucked today and that contributed to the loss.  So did La Russa using Crochet in extras when he has proven time & time again that he can’t field his position well.  Guys shouldn’t get a free pass because others sucked a little bit more.

I don't think it should have gone to extras. It doesn't matter they lost . On to game 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

I don't think it should have gone to extras. It doesn't matter they lost . On to game 2.

If they can’t trust Crochet to field his position…then how is he going to be inserted into a playoff game?

It’s not like Bummer has been close to automatic this year, either.

If they can’t trust Crochet to field his position…then how is he going to be inserted into a playoff game?

I didn't say anything about that.  I'm fine with Crochet starting in extras.  The offense didn't do what it needed today.  It happens oh well.  On to the next game.  They'll be fine. 

If Burger doesn’t slip it’s likely an out at third…it’s not like our offense was automatic to score, either.

Letting Celestino just easily come home wasn’t the best idea, either.

Burger looked liked he did in that prospect youtube video when he was in college where he stumbled over his feet a few times.

I feel bad for him. but failing to get the runner at first ended up being a key play in the game.

Vaughn in Left and Burger at third is not gold glove defense which is fine, if they hit, but they didn't today.

Tony could have made a few different decisions including not putting Crochet in there for the extra inning.. He is not a high leverage pitcher at this point. Maybe next year.

The pitching machups today are basically mirror images of each other. The Twins threw their worst starter in game 1 vs. one of our aces and won. Now we take our turn throwing our worst starter vs. their best starter. 

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

A runner on 2nd with outs and the next run with a high win probability isn’t always going to be the case in the playoffs.  Maybe he’ll get better at fielding with time, but right now dudes can drop bunts on him and there is nothing he can do.