Milwaukee

2Deep

OT: For those of you that have been to Milwaukee I am wondering if you can guide me.

I'm going to the game Friday with the fam and wanted to get thoughts on a couple of different questions:

1. What places do you recommend around the park (within a few miles) where I can have a few craft beers and kids and fam can eat lunch before we head to the game.

Looking for a place that is close to the stadium and has good food and drinks.

Thank you guys!!!

Edited by 2Deep

Soblemans on St. Paul.  Great Burgers.  

Oscar's Pub and Grill.  Great Burgers.

Vanguard, great sausages.

Doc's Smokehouse, a cool BBQ joint.

Mikey's is another cook BBQ place.

Now, just for clarity, I haven't been up there in about 1.5 years, so I don't know if these places are still open or what happened during covid.  Hope this helps though!  My number one stop is always Soblemans.  

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Soblemans on St. Paul.  Great Burgers.  

Oscar's Pub and Grill.  Great Burgers.

Vanguard, great sausages.

Doc's Smokehouse, a cool BBQ joint.

Mikey's is another cook BBQ place.

Now, just for clarity, I haven't been up there in about 1.5 years, so I don't know if these places are still open or what happened during covid.  Hope this helps though!  My number one stop is always Soblemans.  

Thank you 

Of the breweries I tried my last trip to Milwaukee (2019), I recommend Lakefront Brewing Downtown. Their food was good, and it was kid friendly (atmosphere), and beer is solid.

https://lakefrontbrewery.com/beer-hall/food#

Wanted to hit bars after the Monday 6PM game (ended by 9), but Wolski's and a hotel bar were the only two places open at "that late hour". Wisconsin people typically drink from 5 AM - 9 PM :)

I highly recommend the Woodman's across the border (Kenosha) for Wisconsin provisions (Beer, Cheese, Cheese Curds, New Glarus / 3 Sheeps / Central Waters Beer).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I was just searching up lakefront and city lights. Both look good......City lights has shuttle to and from game....

That's cool (the shuttle). They weren't open pregame for my trip, so didn't make it. Also hit Milwaukee Ale House (they were OK) and Water Street Brewery (the historical decor was cools, their beers were just OK) as the only other places open on a Monday afternoon (before 4-5).

You'll have more options on a Friday afternoon. Hope you enjoy the game, hope you report back with solid recommendations. Looking forward to trying to hit one or two of @turnin' two's recommendations next trip up. Milwaukee is a great town to visit.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That's cool (the shuttle). They weren't open pregame for my trip, so didn't make it. Also hit Milwaukee Ale House (they were OK) and Water Street Brewery (the historical decor was cools, their beers were just OK) as the only other places open on a Monday afternoon (before 4-5).

You'll have more options on a Friday afternoon. Hope you enjoy the game, hope you report back with solid recommendations. Looking forward to trying to hit one or two of @turnin' two's recommendations next trip up. Milwaukee is a great town to visit.

Cheers!

You got it brother 

Will report back and let you and everyone know. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Cheers!

Have fun and enjoy!  

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 9:32 PM, 2Deep said:

I was just searching up lakefront and city lights. Both look good......City lights has shuttle to and from game....

There is also a shuttle bus on Wisconsin Ave. i believe that goes to the park. I used to be able to priceline rooms at the Hilton for $40 a night. Between going to see the Sox vs Brewers, and Summerfest, good times.

• Like 1

I used to work & live downtown MKE...

Try the Broken Bat, they have mugs made out of wooden bats for purchase, it's pretty cool.... There's Cafe Benelux, and the Public Market is a nice spot, a little more north is Zaffiros, great pizza (on farwell, by brady st).  Sobelman's is great as well on St. Paul.  SafeHouse is fun, but can get loud.  Swingin' Door is solid too, cost efficient as well.

I'm going on Saturday!

Edited by Soxnfins
  • Like 3

I was in downtown Milwaukee 2 years ago for a work trip and there are so many good craft beer places I don't think you can go wrong. I went to Good City Brewing, which is across the street from where the Bucks play, but I think that's a little ways away from Miller Park