7/19 - Twins @ Sox Game 2 "He is Risen: The Return of Reynaldo"

KrankinSox

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

Absolutely BRUTAL for Berrios. 

Reminds me of that time Sale fucked up the Angels all night and then finally walks a couple and Trout homered on that slider low and away. Such a rapid reversal of emotions.

thanks for reminding me of that.  that it took the walkoff to bring it up will have to make up for it!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

Absolutely BRUTAL for Berrios. 

Reminds me of that time Sale fucked up the Angels all night and then finally walks a couple and Trout homered on that slider low and away. Such a rapid reversal of emotions.

You can tell he was tiring a bit in the 6th. He just wasn't as crisp. He completely lost his control in the 7th. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah I'm not trading Sheets for Escobar. He may be blocked, but he's just too good of a fastball hitter to trade for a rental. 

He may not be a good defensive OF, but he’s passable enough to be a corner bench type guy which is useful when you are as RH as us.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yeah I'm not trading Sheets for Escobar. He may be blocked, but he's just too good of a fastball hitter to trade for a rental. 

They need depth.  Abreu isn't getting any younger and injuries always a possibility.  Sheets provides depth at 1B, DH and can play some RF in a pinch.

Same with Burger.  Moncada is often hurt so Burger provides depth at 3B and can also DH.

Keep them both unless you can get quality long term pieces in return.

1 minute ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I know it’s easy to say after a walkoff HR, but I really like Sheets. He just seems like a pro hitter. Nice swing. Makes hard contact. I have no problem with the Sox not addressing OF right now.

I realize the team could go in the tank in the postseason but I'd almost rather keep the young guys like Sheets and Burger. I mean Eloys's coming soon. That's a huge addition to the lineup. It'd really be buzzkill at this point to trade one of the young guys who can sting the ball. And yes I realize a veteran bat probably would help the team in the postseason. This is kind of fun, though, watching some of the young hitters.

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Where do you play him here? No doubt he looks like a real good young talent but if he can get you a top middle reliever I think you have to move him.

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Poor dude is good as gone with lamb as soon as Robert is back. Vaughn/Robert/Engel with Sheets and Billy backing em up. 

Will be nice if Robert is back by September.

Just now, brijames1957 said:

Where do you play him here? No doubt he looks like a real good young talent but if he can get you a top middle reliever I think you have to move him.

I wouldn't move him unless it's for someone like Frazier where we get more than one year of control. Or if it's for a big name rental (I don't know of any to be honest).