7/19 - Twins @ Sox Game 2 "He is Risen: The Return of Reynaldo"

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

If that was the plan for game 2 then it makes how the bullpen was managed in game 1 even more confounding. Foster and Lopez both pitched 2 innings while it was only a 1 run game. You have to manage with some urgency in 1 of these 2 games.

I understand what your saying, but seriously why do you have to manage with a sense of urgency?  I really don't think Crochet pitched that poorly.  The Burger play was a killer.  Needed extra innings to score a 2nd run in game one and looking like one run in game two.  Pitching really hasn't been the big issue today.  Come back and win tomorrow...

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Frazier

We need power though and I really don’t want him as our RF next year.  Starling Marte has reverse splits, should come cheaper, and provides much more power.  Get him & Escobar and have no holes in the lineup.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

yep, and I'm still not impressed :)

If that's the case fair enough, but then I'm surprised you're into a worse version of him with the bat that has more positional versatility. I like that type of player but the Fletcher, Araez, Madrigal types aren't for everyone.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We need power though and I really don’t want him as our RF next year.  Starling Marte has reverse splits, should come cheaper, and provides much more power.  Get him & Escobar and have no holes in the lineup.

I don't necessarily want Frazier.  Just get the sense from Stoney's tone that he might be in play.  I'm all for Marte, Escobar and a bullpen guy.

• Like 2

Again, against a guy that other teams have hit, you've thrown out AAA/AAAA pitching fodder and held the game close.

But your anemic, lifeless offense can't score 3 runs against a legit cellar dweller team this season.

I didn't like the Lopez start, but....here we are, with a single hit and run, after a single run and 3 hits in regular innings, in game 1.

Just now, Capn12 said:

Again, against a guy that other teams have hit, you've thrown out AAA/AAAA pitching fodder and held the game close.

But your anemic, lifeless offense can't score 3 runs against a perennial cellar dweller team.

I didn't like the Lopez start, but....here we are, with a single hit and run, after a single run and 3 hits in regular innings, in game 1.

Yeah today is absolutely on the offense. Getting 1 run off Jax is just unacceptable.