7/19 - Twins @ Sox Game 2 "He is Risen: The Return of Reynaldo"

KrankinSox

Don't worry, Gavin Sheets is not going anywhere. He is the one bat in the organization that holds some promise to become that long coveted LH middle of the order power bat. I would guess that he will continue to get every opportunity to fill that void. Let's just hope that he can continue to be productive. With Vaughn able to play LF, he could be the future first baseman, when abreu is gone. In the meantime, he'll get better in RF and is not too much of a defensive liabiliity there, so far. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Poor dude is good as gone with lamb as soon as Robert is back. Vaughn/Robert/Engel with Sheets and Billy backing em up. 

Lamb is already in Charlotte. I think Goodwin would be the better choice to keep on the team. Brian is hitting .263 .342 OBP .827 OPS while Billy Hamilton is .217 .240 OBP .631 OPS. Not to mention 4 HR 17 RBI's in 99 AB's compared to Billy's 2 HR 10 RBI's in 92 AB's. 

I think it's pretty clear of who is deserving of staying and who needs to sent down. I'm not too sure why so many people here and in the White Sox organization seem to think Billy is so good. Sure, he's fast, covers good ground in CF, and came up with some big hits about month ago. He's still a low average hitting career bench utility player who only has speed and the ability to switch hit going for him.

Strange how some fans consider him a fan favorite as if he's done so well. Just because he has a nice smile and a lot of charisma doesn't mean he's worth keeping. I personally would keep Goodwin.

With Engel back and hitting much better in terms of power/slugging in far less playing time, I don't see a reason to keep Hamilton. Adam has just as much speed on the bases as well. As good on defense in center too.

Edited by EloyRedGloveSWAG

4 minutes ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Lamb is already in Charlotte. I think Goodwin would be the better choice to keep on the team. Brian is hitting .263 .342 OBP .827 OPS while Billy Hamilton is .217 .240 OBP .631 OPS. Not to mention 4 HR 17 RBI's in 99 AB's compared to Billy's 2 HR 10 RBI's in 92 AB's. 

I think it's pretty clear of who is deserving of staying and who needs to sent down. I'm not too sure why so many people here and in the White Sox organization seem to think Billy is so good. Sure, he's fast, covers good ground in CF, and came up with some big hits about month ago. He's still a low average hitting career bench utility player who only has speed and the ability to switch hit going for him.

Strange how some fans consider him a fan favorite as if he's done so well. Just because he has a nice smile and a lot of charisma doesn't mean he's worth keeping. I personally would keep Goodwin.

With Engel back and hitting much better in terms of power/slugging in far less playing time, I don't see a reason to keep Hamilton. Adam has just as much speed on the bases as well. As good on defense in center too.

Hamilton and Lamb should go. 

Probably Burger as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

ReyLo needs to be DFA’d or included in a trade. He’s just doesn’t have it.

I think he did a lot better than everyone expected.   1 ER in 3 innings and finished strong. He was his own worst enemy in the first. Probably not a good idea to blaze one over to 1st on your 1st attempt over there. Soft toss one and let him know you got your eye on him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lillian said:

With Vaughn able to play LF, he could be the future first baseman, when abreu is gone. In the meantime, he'll get better in RF and is not too much of a defensive liabiliity there, so far. 

I agree with all of that Lillian.

10 minutes ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Because the last guy on the bench is a role player. His role is defensive replacement and pinch runner when they need that 1 run. He excels at those. Once Jimenez and Robert return that last person will not start much. The OF starters will be Robert Jimenez, Vaughn and Engel. The LH off the bench will be Sheets. No room for Goodwin is not good in the OF.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hamilton is a valuable weapon in the postseason, worse case scenario he mysteriously pulls a hamstring and is DLed until the playoffs.

Engel can be pinch runner extraordinaire, and not be an offensive liability. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Engel can be pinch runner extraordinaire, and not be an offensive liability. 

Not if he starts games. Hamilton has a role where he excels the others do not.

• Like 1

With all the Sox injuries, they don't need to be trading Sheets or Vaughn or Burger. They'll play. That said, some team like the Tigers or Royals would love to snare those guys I bet. Royals have a ton of arms, none of them really good. A rebuilding team would be smart to try to steal Vaughn or Sheets from the Sox. Even Mercedes. Guys who may be blocked for sure. I bet the Cubs or Brewers would love to swipe them as well.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That doesn't change due to 1 AB.

Didn't say that one AB was the reason he shouldn't be traded... I think he's good overall based on what I've seen from him. He's had good at-bats. He's made good contact, even on PA where he made outs. He's showcased big power with five impressive home runs. He's a left-handed hitter. They need a couple of good left-handed hitters. Doesn't make sense to consider trading Sheets.

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

"1 AB" really? It is admittedly a small sample size, but 5 homers in 49 at bats, from the left side, with 14 RBI's, is quite impressive. 

And one thing we know about major league baseball is that players who get off to hot starts never get exposed after small sample sizes.

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

With all the Sox injuries, they don't need to be trading Sheets or Vaughn or Burger. They'll play. That said, some team like the Tigers or Royals would love to snare those guys I bet. Royals have a ton of arms, none of them really good. A rebuilding team would be smart to try to steal Vaughn or Sheets from the Sox. Even Mercedes. Guys who may be blocked for sure. I bet the Cubs or Brewers would love to swipe them as well.

lol