7/19 - Twins @ Sox Game 2 "He is Risen: The Return of Reynaldo"

KrankinSox

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Kopech & Hendriks can't pitch every damn game.  The offense is showing zero life so to put Kopech in this game makes no sense at all.

I didn't say those 2. And Kopech hasn't been close to pitching every game.  

Just now, Sox80 said:

I didn't say those 2. And Kopech hasn't been close to pitching every game.  

That's fine, but unlike people on this board managers believe in their players.  I don't think Larussa looks at it like he is giving up by putting Foster in the game.  Maybe if we can get a lead or at the very least tie the game then Kopech can come in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

That's fine, but unlike people on this board managers believe in their players.  I don't think Larussa looks at it like he is giving up by putting Foster in the game.  Maybe if we can get a lead or at the very least tie the game then Kopech can come in.

I don't disagree with having trust in your players.  I do disagree with it's useless to waste better pitchers in a one run game. 

Rough when I'm here, hoping we can find a way to split a DH against the worst team in our division, AT HOME.

(Sorry, forgot about KC, but still)

Edited by Capn12
Forgot about KC

TLA has said that he manages for Sept-Oct.  That means everyone plays a lot before then so that they are all ready for the push.  The best players play far less than they could early on.  So far is season it has been working - it just can't work everyday.