Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

maxjusttyped

35 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Agreed and I think Sheets goes down and is the DH next year.

I think Hamilton hangs around for the rest of this year.

Eloy is the primary DH next year. Vaughn is already a much better LF, and will continue to improve out there.  They'll sign/trade for a RF.

If the Sox run out an Eloy-Robert-Vaughn OF with any regularity next season (especially just to get Sheets in the DH spot), they're going to get exactly what they deserve. Which is dogshit OF defense and a likely injury to Eloy. 

Eloy needs to play some LF to keep him happy and so he can pretend in NL ballparks.  But if hes the everyday LF next season, they Sox are fucking up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Agreed and I think Sheets goes down and is the DH next year.

I think Hamilton hangs around for the rest of this year.

I think they have to ride Sheets like a big hoss and see if he is an MLB slugger. If he is then you send Burger and Goodwin down. They can't have Sheets hitting 35 HR for the Snakes or Pirates. All in all the guys filling in this year have been heroes. Billy is for sure on the playoff squad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pcq said:

I think they have to ride Sheets like a big hoss and see if he is an MLB slugger. If he is then you send Burger and Goodwin down. They can't have Sheets hitting 35 HR for the Snakes or Pirates. All in all the guys filling in this year have been heroes. Billy is for sure on the playoff squad. 

Goodwin is out of options so he can't be set down. If he or Sheets crater over the next couple weeks, or there's another injury, then obviously the decision between which of them stays up gets a lot easier. But I think Goodwin has performed well enough where DFAing him doesn't make sense when you can send Sheets down for ~3 weeks and then have both on the roster when September roles around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Goodwin is out of options so he can't be set down. If he or Sheets crater over the next couple weeks, or there's another injury, then obviously the decision between which of them stays up gets a lot easier. But I think Goodwin has performed well enough where DFAing him doesn't make sense when you can send Sheets down for ~3 weeks and then have both on the roster when September roles around.

The Sox will need a roster spot very soon on the 40 unless they can trade away more players than they bring in. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox will need a roster spot very soon on the 40 unless they can trade away more players than they bring in. 

I think there's still some dead weight on the bottom of the 40 man you can either get through waivers or not worry about if someone claims them. Also, James Fox (and I think Nightengale as well?) have specifically mentioned Matt Foster and Jace Fry as trade candidates. Some spots will open up over the next few weeks one way or another, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sure. Just force Arizona to take on Rutherford or Adolfo, in addition to whatever RP sent there for Escobar.