Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

maxjusttyped

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think Robert should be back the end of the month. That would get him 8-9 rehab games in and unlike Eloy, he's played this season for a month and a half. If Robert us running well and his swing is natural, and he isn't in pain, I bring him back the 31st. 

I don't see any reason to rush him, whatsoever.  Let him get his 20 games in the minors to shake the rust off.  Just adding Eloy to the lineup is going to be a huge boost, both in production and team confidence.  Save the other shot in the arm for when he's truly ready. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm honestly kinda shocked how similar it looks to low level college ball at times.

There's so much going on with fielding whether it's the lights , the sky , the wind that I try to stay away from how OF's or infielders look in a small sample sizes generally.

Even with hitting and pitching things aren't always as they appear.

I was listening to a Willy Adames interview recently after being named NL player of the week. He's been on fire since he was traded. He talked about how he just didn't see the ball well  at home in TB. The lighting or background just didn't sit right with him.  I started thinking that would make me hesitate on getting pitching from TB if that was a complaint heard often from TB hitters or visiting players.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:14 PM, MiddleCoastBias said:

Another flyout to deep center in the 3rd. Little thing, but I appreciate that he's wearing his Sox batting helmet instead of the W-S helmet. 

Like that Robert is hitting fly balls.  We need more of those. Some will leave our homer friendly park.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Luis alright? Didn’t play today after an early departure yesterday. Assume it’s planned but worth asking if anyone has seen anything. 

That can't be good. Maybe he's not feeling quite right. 

With a 9 game lead, you can afford to be patient. 

We need these guys banging and terrorizing the hearts of pitching staffs in September. Rush it, it may not be that way. 

Robert needs time to get his timing back and test the leg. When he's showing signs of both being back to where they need to be, then call him up. I would not do it before then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

With a 9 game lead, you can afford to be patient. 

We need these guys banging and terrorizing the hearts of pitching staffs in September. Rush it, it may not be that way. 

Robert needs time to get his timing back and test the leg. When he's showing signs of both being back to where they need to be, then call him up. I would not do it before then. 

This team needs HFA in the playoffs. If we are playing on the road more often than not we are in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This team needs HFA in the playoffs. If we are playing on the road more often than not we are in trouble. 

I would very much like Home Field Advantage. If I have to choose between Home Field Advantage and taking a few extra days to rehab Luis Robert, I will take my time with Luis, no question. 

If we needed some help this week, rather than rushing Robert, the GM could go out and find a reliever to help.

50 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would very much like Home Field Advantage. If I have to choose between Home Field Advantage and taking a few extra days to rehab Luis Robert, I will take my time with Luis, no question. 

If we needed some help this week, rather than rushing Robert, the GM could go out and find a reliever to help.

Yep I agree. My point was just that we can afford to be patient because we want Robert to be healthy. Not because we have a comfortable 9 game division lead, when we are also competing for HFA. 

53 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Better find two relievers and a second baseman.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t know if this is legit or not. I hope this is not an excuse to stay pat at the deadline.

He started his rehab 2 weeks after Eloy, so it makes sense that August 6th would be a possible return date. I think there's a real good chance he's back before the Field of Dreams game unless there's a setback.