Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

maxjusttyped

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He started his rehab 2 weeks after Eloy, so it makes sense that August 6th would be a possible return date. I think there's a real good chance he's back before the Field of Dreams game unless there's a setback. 

Who do you think the Sox will get at the deadline? 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Watching the highlights, he’s running at about 60 pct effort. I totally understand why he would do that, but he looks longer than a week away from returning 

Buxton didn't run well in his rehab either and his injury wasn't as severe. 

9 hours ago, fathom said:

Watching the highlights, he’s running at about 60 pct effort. I totally understand why he would do that, but he looks longer than a week away from returning 

Here's to hoping Robert is a little more intelligent than Eloy and he isn't going "200%" on a rehab assignment 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Eloy said he feels 200%. Not that he went 200%. 

Yes, my comment is a little tongue in cheek; however, Eloy was out diving for balls in LF in AAA, I'd rather these guys be playing smart in a rehab assignment and hold it back a bit until their efforts actually matter. I'm glad Eloy is a gamer but we need him healthy in MLB 

1 minute ago, FLsoxfan said:

Yes, my comment is a little tongue in cheek; however, Eloy was out diving for balls in LF in AAA, I'd rather these guys be playing smart in a rehab assignment and hold it back a bit until their efforts actually matter. I'm glad Eloy is a gamer but we need him healthy in MLB 

Yep. Fair enough. 

24 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

A lot of times playing less than full effort actually has more of a chance of injuring yourself. Like when you have a bum foot so more pressure, etc goes to the healthy foot. These guys are professional athletes. If they are healthy, they need to be going about their business like they are used to. If they get re-injured, it happens. But to try and "limit" how hard they play, does not help them get ready... IMO obviously! 

37 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

To the resident experts on this injury to Robert. What are the chances he aggravates the same injury? Was that injury somewhat of a freak thing? I agree his mental recovery from the injury will be every bit as hard as the physical part. 

@ptatc

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

To the resident experts on this injury to Robert. What are the chances he aggravates the same injury? Was that injury somewhat of a freak thing? I agree his mental recovery from the injury will be every bit as hard as the physical part. 

It's tough to say. Any muscle injury like that, increases the chance it will be injured again.

However the mechanism of this injury was a fluke as he tripped right before the bag and tried to stretch for the bag.