Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

maxjusttyped

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Lamb the IF makes more sense than Lamb the OF roster management wise.

If Hahn is convinced to keep the roster together:

Lambert --> Roberts
Sheets --> Lamb
Zavala --> Grandal

Rosters expand:

Hamilton and Sheets return.

You're then carrying 15 position players and 13 pitchers, when I feel like I'd rather make it 14/14 and get pitchers some rest. They could be planning some IL trips position players some rest.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Lambert --> Roberts
Sheets --> Lamb
Zavala --> Grandal

Rosters expand:

You're then carrying 15 position players and 13 pitchers, when I feel like I'd rather make it 14/14 and get pitchers some rest. They could be planning some IL trips position players some rest.

I believe a dfa needs to happen to open up a spot on the 40-man for Robert.

Edited by manbearpuig

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I still think it is either him or Goodwin that is getting DFA'd here when Robert is ready.

I'm not sure I agree but let me see the math. I still think Goodwin basically usurps Lambs former role, and Sheets takes over Yermins but I could be wrong.

OK let me see in real time, and will not edit before posting, just straight live feed stuff

C (assumes Robert back before Grandal)
Collins
Zavala

INF/DH
Moncada
Anderson
Hernandez
Abreu
Garcia
Sheets

OF
Eloy
Robert
Engel
Goodwin
Hamilton

13 Position Players / 13 Pitchers
SP
Lynn
Giolito
Rodon
Keuchel
Cease

RP
Ruiz
Lopez
Crochet
Kopech
Tepera
Bummer
Kimbrel
Hendricks

Hamilton will be a pretty classic 26th man for playoffs a la dyson last year.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Lambert --> Roberts
Sheets --> Lamb
Zavala --> Grandal

Rosters expand:

The problem with Luis is he is on the 60 day IL, and not on the 40 man roster, so a 40 man spot has to be freed up.  Even if its the Lambert active roster slot, someone on the 40 has to go.

The problem with Luis is he is on the 60 day IL, and not on the 40 man roster, so a 40 man spot has to be freed up.  Even if its the Lambert active roster slot, someone on the 40 has to go.

Or someone on the 40 needs to go on the 60 day IL (not sure if there are any potential candidates for that currently on the DL - kind of like what happened with Marshall a week or two ago).  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Or someone on the 40 needs to go on the 60 day IL (not sure if there are any potential candidates for that currently on the DL - kind of like what happened with Marshall a week or two ago).  

The only one I can think of is Hamilton, unless Grandal is worse than we know.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm not sure I agree but let me see the math. I still think Goodwin basically usurps Lambs former role, and Sheets takes over Yermins but I could be wrong.

OK let me see in real time, and will not edit before posting, just straight live feed stuff

C (assumes Robert back before Grandal)
Collins
Zavala

INF/DH
Moncada
Anderson
Hernandez
Abreu
Garcia
Sheets

OF
Eloy
Robert
Engel
Goodwin
Hamilton

13 Position Players / 13 Pitchers
SP
Lynn
Giolito
Rodon
Keuchel
Cease

RP
Ruiz
Lopez
Crochet
Kopech
Tepera
Bummer
Kimbrel
Hendricks

Hamilton will be a pretty classic 26th man for playoffs a la dyson last year.

You left out Vaughn if I'm reading this correctly. 

• Like 2

Hamilton's mystery "injury" appeared for a reason.  He's probably going to be miraculously healed September 1. Robert will take his spot, then it's a choice between Lamb and Sheets. I predict LaRussa chooses Lamb and sends Sheets down, but I've been surprised before.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Hamilton's mystery "injury" appeared for a reason.  He's probably going to be miraculously healed September 1. Robert will take his spot, then it's a choice between Lamb and Sheets. I predict LaRussa chooses Lamb and sends Sheets down, but I've been surprised before.

Hamilton's "injury" has always been there.  He never fully healed and came back early.  That's why he wouldn't hit left handed anymore.

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hamilton's "injury" has always been there.  He never fully healed and came back early.  That's why he wouldn't hit left handed anymore.

It's pretty clear he's still hurt. He still winces when he takes a big swing. 

18 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Sheets can be sent down; Lamb would have to be DFA.  It becomes better to send down Sheets in case you need someone later on.

3 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

Sheets can be sent down; Lamb would have to be DFA.  It becomes better to send down Sheets in case you need someone later on.

We are going to have to open up a 40 man slot very soon anyway, so it wouldn't be a shock if Lamb's days  were numbered anyway.

We are going to have to open up a 40 man slot very soon anyway, so it wouldn't be a shock if Lamb's days  were numbered anyway.

Lamb's biggest problem is that he has no real position versatility anymore. He's a natural 3B and TLR was afraid to play him there. He was probably the worst 1B I've ever seen in the few innings he got there. He's also a subpar OFer. Sheets at least allows you to play him at 1B and the corner OF and he's probably better with the bat at this point. 

36 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I didn't think they'd bring Robert back quite yet, but with the offday yesterday it wouldn't be terribly surprising.  

One of Rutherford, Gonzalez, Adolfo or Yermin will be on the DFA chopping block.  

My vote is to cut bait with Rutherford

A 69 wRC+ in AAA at age 24 is not going to be missed by the organization. He never developed the pop or hit tool he was supposed to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When is Robert's 20 days up ? Just going by how much he is playing the OF in Charlotte they are really taking their time with him. It's basically play DH, play CF then day of rest so he has only been playing OF 1 of every 3 games.

Is it possible that he can play longer in Charlotte or do we see the same kind of usage once he returns for another week or longer ? The division lead means the Sox can afford to slow play him so I don't want to see a bunch of "why isn't Robert in CF today". I'd be more than happy to see him play RF and DH upon his return and stick Engel in CF until you are sure he can play CF 4 or 5 times a week.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When is Robert's 20 days up ?

This is a fantastic question which I too have found myself asking… though it seems I also have no been motivated to find the answer.

22 minutes ago, hi8is said:

This is a fantastic question which I too have found myself asking… though it seems I also have no been motivated to find the answer.

They announced the rehab on the 19th, and his first game played was on the 21st.  I would imagine you start counting with the latter date.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They announced the rehab on the 19th, and his first game played was on the 21st.  I would imagine you start counting with the latter date.

Yeah I would assume the first game would be day 1. So it looks like he can play through this week and come back Monday at the latest (without any setbacks)?

Edited by manbearpuig