Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

maxjusttyped

7 hours ago, tray said:

Beyond the hyperbole, Eloy has consistently stated (as recently as this week)  that he has no intention of being a permanent DH.  That is his choice.  What would the Sox option be to compel him to serve or to force him to serve as they require? Bench him? Threaten to trade him?  OK, but they won't. Beyond  being a star player he is part of the Cuban core of players -Pito, Yoan, Robert, that are too important to break up.

A short while ago some here thought that Yermin should be free to disobey his Manager and do as he pleased without apology. Oh yes, that was new school. Well Eloy is new school as well. Unlike Yermin though, he is a legitimate  star player that will ultimately play where he wants to.

It is not his choice.  He works for an organization who he has a contract with.

45 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

This is true but then you have the matter of what his choice will be once that contract expires.

What do you think his contract chances will look like if he is refusing to play certain positions and then hurting himself while doing it?

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

What do you think his contract chances will look like if he is refusing to play certain positions and then hurting himself while doing it?

Well yes, they'd be zero. I'm just saying that if he really desires to play in the field and doesn't get the opportunity then if another team promises the opportunity he is likely to choose a different jersey.

It may be worth it to be willing to let him go if it came to that. It's not my call and I'm not smart enough to know the answer. All I know is that if I were I'd be driving a way nicer car.

55 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

At this point, have him emerge from the cornfield on Thursday.

I know you're just joking, but I do think his 20 days are up on Monday.  So if they want to keep him AAA, they're going to have to option him after this weekend which I highly doubt they'll do.