Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maxjusttyped

Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I suspect they drop Hamilton instead of Goodwin.  With Engel and Robert, they don’t need a cf, but can use every lefty bat they can find.

Goodwin will turn into a pumpkin soon. Hamilton has elite speed and defense. He is also a spark plug full of energy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope both these two aren’t being rushed back. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I really hope both these two aren’t being rushed back. 

Don't think that is the case. Eloy had surgery like 100 days ago he's healed just a matter of regaining strength.  Robert it seems they just got lucky with and nobody really bothered to update the timeline once he was changed to a grade 2 tear.

That said Robert needs to take it easy when he comes back.  Moncada can offer him tips on when to dog it to 1st. Can't have guys going down trying to be all hustle it's just not worth it.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Don't think that is the case. Eloy had surgery like 100 days ago he's healed just a matter of regaining strength.  Robert it seems they just got lucky with and nobody really bothered to update the timeline once he was changed to a grade 2 tear.

That said Robert needs to take it easy when he comes back.  Moncada can offer him tips on when to dog it to 1st. Can't have guys going down trying to be all hustle it's just not worth it.

I didn't realize Robert's diagnosis was updated, that's nice to hear. 

I still can't get over how I've never seen Robert in person. I can't freaking wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

I didn't realize Robert's diagnosis was updated, that's nice to hear. 

I still can't get over how I've never seen Robert in person. I can't freaking wait.

I didn't either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I really hope both these two aren’t being rushed back. 

Getting them back to organized baseball once they’re physically ready is a good move. 

But they also have to give them enough time at Charlotte to get really physically comfortable, with everything. That’s still up in the air.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Goodwin will turn into a pumpkin soon. Hamilton has elite speed and defense. He is also a spark plug full of energy. 

goodwin is hitting about career avg. across the board right now. he's pretty much career 4OF type guy who is on the wrong side of 30. guessing that's what limited his opportunities, but by no means do i think what he is doing right now isn't sustainable. I think you get what you see with him. just a nice, replacement level player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

goodwin is hitting about career avg. across the board right now. he's pretty much career 4OF type guy who is on the wrong side of 30. guessing that's what limited his opportunities, but by no means do i think what he is doing right now isn't sustainable. I think you get what you see with him. just a nice, replacement level player. 

Goodwin’s career wRC+ is 100. This year so far it’s 123, best of his career. OPS+ looks similar. He’s well beyond his career marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree to disagree. his stats look almost exactly like his 28 yr old season w the angels, his last time with extended playing time.

Or even last year with the angels. 8 more ab's this year, 4 more hits, same homers, 1 more double, same walks, 7 less k's 

if you really just extract his 50ab's with cinci last year he's been pretty, pretty consistently this years' performance. 

This ain't a turn into a pumpkin type of stats, this is i'm a career 4OF stats.

 

Year Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB Pos Awards
2016 25 WSN NL 22 44 42 1 12 4 1 0 5 0 0 2 14 .286 .318 .429 .747 95 18 1 0 0 0 0 /H978  
2017 26 WSN NL 74 278 251 41 63 21 1 13 30 6 0 23 69 .251 .313 .498 .811 104 125 3 1 0 3 2 87H9  
2018 27 TOT MLB 75 180 159 20 38 6 0 6 25 4 2 16 57 .239 .318 .390 .708 90 62 0 3 1 1 0 H879  
2018 27 WSN NL 48 79 65 9 13 1 0 3 12 3 1 10 26 .200 .321 .354 .674 78 23 0 2 1 1 0 H79/8  
2018 27 KCR AL 27 101 94 11 25 5 0 3 13 1 1 6 31 .266 .317 .415 .732 99 39 0 1 0 0 0 8/H7  
2019 28 LAA AL 136 458 413 65 108 29 3 17 47 7 3 38 129 .262 .326 .470 .796 106 194 3 3 1 3 2 *78H9/D  
2020 29 TOT MLB 50 164 144 17 31 9 1 6 22 5 0 17 54 .215 .299 .417 .715 88 60 1 1 0 2 1 *879/HD  
2020 29 LAA AL 30 109 95 12 23 7 1 4 17 1 0 12 35 .242 .330 .463 .793 112 44 0 1 0 1 1 79/8H  
2020 29 CIN NL 20 55 49 5 8 2 0 2 5 4 0 5 19 .163 .236 .327 .563 43 16 1 0 0 1 0 8/H7D9  
2021 30 CHW AL 29 117 104 18 27 8 1 4 15 0 0 12 28 .260 .336 .471 .807 122 49 0 0 1 0 0 89/7H  
6 Yrs 386 1241 1113 162 279 77 7 46 144 22 5 108 351 .251 .319 .456 .775 102 508 8 8 3 9 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

agree to disagree. his stats look almost exactly like his 28 yr old season w the angels, his last time with extended playing time.

Or even last year with the angels. 8 more ab's this year, 4 more hits, same homers, 1 more double, same walks, 7 less k's 

if you really just extract his 50ab's with cinci last year he's been pretty, pretty consistently this years' performance. 

This ain't a turn into a pumpkin type of stats, this is i'm a career 4OF stats.

 

Year Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB Pos Awards
2016 25 WSN NL 22 44 42 1 12 4 1 0 5 0 0 2 14 .286 .318 .429 .747 95 18 1 0 0 0 0 /H978  
2017 26 WSN NL 74 278 251 41 63 21 1 13 30 6 0 23 69 .251 .313 .498 .811 104 125 3 1 0 3 2 87H9  
2018 27 TOT MLB 75 180 159 20 38 6 0 6 25 4 2 16 57 .239 .318 .390 .708 90 62 0 3 1 1 0 H879  
2018 27 WSN NL 48 79 65 9 13 1 0 3 12 3 1 10 26 .200 .321 .354 .674 78 23 0 2 1 1 0 H79/8  
2018 27 KCR AL 27 101 94 11 25 5 0 3 13 1 1 6 31 .266 .317 .415 .732 99 39 0 1 0 0 0 8/H7  
2019 28 LAA AL 136 458 413 65 108 29 3 17 47 7 3 38 129 .262 .326 .470 .796 106 194 3 3 1 3 2 *78H9/D  
2020 29 TOT MLB 50 164 144 17 31 9 1 6 22 5 0 17 54 .215 .299 .417 .715 88 60 1 1 0 2 1 *879/HD  
2020 29 LAA AL 30 109 95 12 23 7 1 4 17 1 0 12 35 .242 .330 .463 .793 112 44 0 1 0 1 1 79/8H  
2020 29 CIN NL 20 55 49 5 8 2 0 2 5 4 0 5 19 .163 .236 .327 .563 43 16 1 0 0 1 0 8/H7D9  
2021 30 CHW AL 29 117 104 18 27 8 1 4 15 0 0 12 28 .260 .336 .471 .807 122 49 0 0 1 0 0 89/7H  
6 Yrs 386 1241 1113 162 279 77 7 46 144 22 5 108 351 .251 .319 .456 .775 102 508 8 8 3 9 5

I'm kinda with you on Goodwin.  He's a useful player, strong side of a platoon 4th OF.  With Engel around I think he's more useful than Hamilton. I'd probably keep him once Robert is back and make a hard decision on Billy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I suspect they drop Hamilton instead of Goodwin.  With Engel and Robert, they don’t need a cf, but can use every lefty bat they can find.

Why can't they keep all of them? Vaughn, Robert, and Engel and Sheets platoon in right with Hamilton a defensive specialist and speed guy off the bench. Eloy DH's. The rest of the roster can fill out this way. Our 5 starters, Rodon, Lynn, Giolito, Keuchel and Cease.  Your bullpen would be made up of Hendricks, Kopech, Bummer, Crochet, Heuer, Ruiz and then say Lopez, if you want to keep a long man. The infield would then be Moncada, Anderson, Garcia, and Abreu third to first with Mendick as your utility infielder and Burger. If we get a second baseman, like I hope we do, then Mendick is gone and Garcia takes that role. That's 24 men. So that leaves room for Goodwin. With how good our starters are, we don't need 2 more garbage relievers at the back of the pen. If they want one more garbage reliever, then I guess Goodwin becomes the odd man out. But they can keep them all if they want. 

Edited by Soxsi75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Soxsi75 said:

Why can't they keep all of them? Vaughn, Robert, and Engel and Sheets platoon in right with Hamilton a defensive specialist and speed guy off the bench. Eloy DH's. The rest of the roster can fill out this way. Our 5 starters, Rodon, Lynn, Giolito, Keuchel and Cease.  Your bullpen would be made up of Hendricks, Kopech, Bummer, Crochet, Heuer, Ruiz and then say Lopez, if you want to keep a long man. The infield would then be Moncada, Anderson, Garcia, and Abreu third to first with Mendick as your utility infielder and Burger. If we get a second baseman, like I hope we do, then Mendick is gone and Garcia takes that role. That's 24 men. So that leaves room for Goodwin. With how good our starters are, we don't need 2 more garbage relievers at the back of the pen. If they want one more garbage reliever, then I guess Goodwin becomes the odd man out. But they can keep them all if they want. 

If I counted right, you're keeping 11 pitchers and 15 position players. That might work in the playoffs when you only need 4 starters and never play more than 3 days in a row, but you can't get through long stretches of the regular season with 11 pitchers, or even 12 really. Need to keep the arms as rested as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If I counted right, you're keeping 11 pitchers and 15 position players. That might work in the playoffs when you only need 4 starters and never play more than 3 days in a row, but you can't get through long stretches of the regular season with 11 pitchers, or even 12 really. Need to keep the arms as rested as possible.

Actually I have 12 pitchers on my list and 12 position players. Goodwin would be the 13th.  So if Goodwin is the odd man out that leaves room for one more garbage pitcher. But with how good our starters are, 13 pitchers is enough. Start having these relievers go more than one inning. 

Edited by Soxsi75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soxsi75 said:

Actually I have 12 pitchers on my list and 12 position players. Goodwin would be the 13th.  

You listed: Vaughn, Robert, Engel, Sheets, Hamilton, Eloy, Moncada, Anderson, Garcia, Abreu, Mendick, Burger, Goodwin.

That's 13 position players if you decide not to have any catchers. If you want to have the standard two catchers, that makes 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Billy and he does seem like a typical 26th man type for a playoff team but he has no place on a team that has a healthy Luis Robert and Adam Engel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm kinda with you on Goodwin.  He's a useful player, strong side of a platoon 4th OF.  With Engel around I think he's more useful than Hamilton. I'd probably keep him once Robert is back and make a hard decision on Billy.

I would keep Hamilton and Sheets and drop Goodwin. Goodwin is a decent option as a pinch hitter on the road in the WS replacing pitchers. But Hamilton is more valuable because he can pinch run anytime and replace Vaughn in left in games we are protecting a lead at the end. Hamilton, Robert, and Engel to close games defensively in the field would be awesome. Of course it would be games where we had a two or three run lead. Goodwin is fine as a 4th OF but how often would he be used in the playoffs prior to the World Series if we are healthy? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

You listed: Vaughn, Robert, Engel, Sheets, Hamilton, Eloy, Moncada, Anderson, Garcia, Abreu, Mendick, Burger, Goodwin.

That's 13 position players if you decide not to have any catchers. If you want to have the standard two catchers, that makes 15.

Ah yes.....you're right, my bad. left off the catchers. My bad completely. Hard to win with no one behind the plate!! Haha! So I guess from this list, Goodwin and I guess Burger would be the odd men out. But I'm standing by keeping 13 pitchers MAXIMUM. Don't need more than that with how good our starters are. That's 8 relievers. Really don't think we should need even that many. 

Edited by Soxsi75
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burger needs to go get 150 more PA in AAA as soon as Eloy is back.  He's done well, held his own but he needs more reps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I love Billy and he does seem like a typical 26th man type for a playoff team but he has no place on a team that has a healthy Luis Robert and Adam Engel. 

I am fairly convinced Billy hits the IL when the roster crunch arrives. That way Sox don’t lose him and as soon as he’s needed again, he’s there. He’s most definitely not 100% healthy anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I am fairly convinced Billy hits the IL when the roster crunch arrives. That way Sox don’t lose him and as soon as he’s needed again, he’s there. He’s most definitely not 100% healthy anyway. 

That could also be a solid move.  The bigger problem is that we need to roster both Eloy and Robert, and last I knew we only had one open 40 man roster spot.  Someone will be a DFA, and it makes sense to me that it will be one of the OFs.  That is unless we can get a deal done in the next few days that moves some 40 man roster spots without filling them all right back up with the guys we get in trades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am fairly convinced Billy hits the IL when the roster crunch arrives. That way Sox don’t lose him and as soon as he’s needed again, he’s there. He’s most definitely not 100% healthy anyway. 

Yeah I agree. Billy has long been a candidate for a phantom DL stint for me. I don't know how the union views that stuff but Sox have done it with pitchers before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That could also be a solid move.  The bigger problem is that we need to roster both Eloy and Robert, and last I knew we only had one open 40 man roster spot.  Someone will be a DFA, and it makes sense to me that it will be one of the OFs.  That is unless we can get a deal done in the next few days that moves some 40 man roster spots without filling them all right back up with the guys we get in trades.

If they feel good about Sheets, they can DFA Lamb when his rehab is done, or bring Lamb back for now and send Sheets down to get more playing time and then DFA Lamb when Robert returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am assuming Robert gets a game or two at WS then up to Charlotte on Friday or Saturday.   

Then both Robert and Eloy will play a week together at AAA and both be called up to open the next homestand on July 30th vs Cleveland 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moncada said:

So I am assuming Robert gets a game or two at WS then up to Charlotte on Friday or Saturday.   

Then both Robert and Eloy will play a week together at AAA and both be called up to open the next homestand on July 30th vs Cleveland 

Eloy will be up before Robert for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Fegan, pretty honest, scary recounting of his rehab. Sounds like having eloy was a big help to keeping him sane:

"“First, I spent a month without walking,” Robert said. “Then I started walking little steps. Then when I started running, I was afraid because I couldn’t run 100 percent and I was afraid of, man, I am going to lose one of my best tools. I was concerned in that moment about it. But then my body started reacting in a good way and I started feeling much better.”"

https://theathletic.com/2716617/2021/07/19/luis-robert-cleared-for-rehab-assignment-as-white-sox-near-return-to-full-strength/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×