Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maxjusttyped

Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think Robert should be back the end of the month. That would get him 8-9 rehab games in and unlike Eloy, he's played this season for a month and a half. If Robert us running well and his swing is natural, and he isn't in pain, I bring him back the 31st. 

I don't see any reason to rush him, whatsoever.  Let him get his 20 games in the minors to shake the rust off.  Just adding Eloy to the lineup is going to be a huge boost, both in production and team confidence.  Save the other shot in the arm for when he's truly ready. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm honestly kinda shocked how similar it looks to low level college ball at times.

There's so much going on with fielding whether it's the lights , the sky , the wind that I try to stay away from how OF's or infielders look in a small sample sizes generally.

Even with hitting and pitching things aren't always as they appear.

I was listening to a Willy Adames interview recently after being named NL player of the week. He's been on fire since he was traded. He talked about how he just didn't see the ball well  at home in TB. The lighting or background just didn't sit right with him.  I started thinking that would make me hesitate on getting pitching from TB if that was a complaint heard often from TB hitters or visiting players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he was pulled after two plate appearances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

So he was pulled after two plate appearances

Probably the plan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

So he was pulled after two plate appearances

Was that in another game since the other day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2021 at 8:14 PM, MiddleCoastBias said:

Another flyout to deep center in the 3rd. Little thing, but I appreciate that he's wearing his Sox batting helmet instead of the W-S helmet. 

Like that Robert is hitting fly balls.  We need more of those. Some will leave our homer friendly park.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luis alright? Didn’t play today after an early departure yesterday. Assume it’s planned but worth asking if anyone has seen anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Luis alright? Didn’t play today after an early departure yesterday. Assume it’s planned but worth asking if anyone has seen anything. 

That can't be good. Maybe he's not feeling quite right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chw42 said:

That can't be good. Maybe he's not feeling quite right. 

😬🥵🥺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chw42 said:

That can't be good. Maybe he's not feeling quite right. 

I am sure it is more of a - ease back into it type of thing. He played 2 - give him a day off - back out again today. Marathon not a sprint. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am sure it is more of a - ease back into it type of thing. He played 2 - give him a day off - back out again today. Marathon not a sprint. 

have Knights lineups already been posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

announcements from the sox would help haha. guessing it's part of the plan too, slowly getting him into action. 

 

Does anybody know is it 20 "games" or 20 days for a rehab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a 9 game lead, you can afford to be patient. 

We need these guys banging and terrorizing the hearts of pitching staffs in September. Rush it, it may not be that way. 

Robert needs time to get his timing back and test the leg. When he's showing signs of both being back to where they need to be, then call him up. I would not do it before then. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

With a 9 game lead, you can afford to be patient. 

We need these guys banging and terrorizing the hearts of pitching staffs in September. Rush it, it may not be that way. 

Robert needs time to get his timing back and test the leg. When he's showing signs of both being back to where they need to be, then call him up. I would not do it before then. 

This team needs HFA in the playoffs. If we are playing on the road more often than not we are in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This team needs HFA in the playoffs. If we are playing on the road more often than not we are in trouble. 

I would very much like Home Field Advantage. If I have to choose between Home Field Advantage and taking a few extra days to rehab Luis Robert, I will take my time with Luis, no question. 

If we needed some help this week, rather than rushing Robert, the GM could go out and find a reliever to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bad Hombre said:

He’s back. Stand down!

🤩🥳🥰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would very much like Home Field Advantage. If I have to choose between Home Field Advantage and taking a few extra days to rehab Luis Robert, I will take my time with Luis, no question. 

If we needed some help this week, rather than rushing Robert, the GM could go out and find a reliever to help.

Yep I agree. My point was just that we can afford to be patient because we want Robert to be healthy. Not because we have a comfortable 9 game division lead, when we are also competing for HFA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would very much like Home Field Advantage. If I have to choose between Home Field Advantage and taking a few extra days to rehab Luis Robert, I will take my time with Luis, no question. 

If we needed some help this week, rather than rushing Robert, the GM could go out and find a reliever to help.

Better find two relievers and a second baseman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

He’s back. Stand down!

He's been pulled early every game he's played I believe. I imagine it's planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

announcements from the sox would help haha. guessing it's part of the plan too, slowly getting him into action. 

 

Does anybody know is it 20 "games" or 20 days for a rehab?

20 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

 

I love watching this kid play.  Hopefully he squares up some fastballs soon.  I'm missing those tape measure shots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if this is legit or not. I hope this is not an excuse to stay pat at the deadline.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t know if this is legit or not. I hope this is not an excuse to stay pat at the deadline.

He started his rehab 2 weeks after Eloy, so it makes sense that August 6th would be a possible return date. I think there's a real good chance he's back before the Field of Dreams game unless there's a setback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×