Sign in to follow this  
maxjusttyped

Luis Robert cleared for Rehab Assignment

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He started his rehab 2 weeks after Eloy, so it makes sense that August 6th would be a possible return date. I think there's a real good chance he's back before the Field of Dreams game unless there's a setback. 

Who do you think the Sox will get at the deadline? 

Watching the highlights, he’s running at about 60 pct effort. I totally understand why he would do that, but he looks longer than a week away from returning 

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Who do you think the Sox will get at the deadline? 

Probably Escobar and a reliever. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Watching the highlights, he’s running at about 60 pct effort. I totally understand why he would do that, but he looks longer than a week away from returning 

Buxton didn't run well in his rehab either and his injury wasn't as severe. 

9 hours ago, fathom said:

Here's to hoping Robert is a little more intelligent than Eloy and he isn't going "200%" on a rehab assignment 

7 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

Here's to hoping Robert is a little more intelligent than Eloy and he isn't going "200%" on a rehab assignment 

Eloy said he feels 200%. Not that he went 200%. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Eloy said he feels 200%. Not that he went 200%. 

Yes, my comment is a little tongue in cheek; however, Eloy was out diving for balls in LF in AAA, I'd rather these guys be playing smart in a rehab assignment and hold it back a bit until their efforts actually matter. I'm glad Eloy is a gamer but we need him healthy in MLB 

1 minute ago, FLsoxfan said:

Yes, my comment is a little tongue in cheek; however, Eloy was out diving for balls in LF in AAA, I'd rather these guys be playing smart in a rehab assignment and hold it back a bit until their efforts actually matter. I'm glad Eloy is a gamer but we need him healthy in MLB 

Yep. Fair enough. 

24 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

A lot of times playing less than full effort actually has more of a chance of injuring yourself. Like when you have a bum foot so more pressure, etc goes to the healthy foot. These guys are professional athletes. If they are healthy, they need to be going about their business like they are used to. If they get re-injured, it happens. But to try and "limit" how hard they play, does not help them get ready... IMO obviously! 

I think many people are underestimating the mental aspect of an injury like this.  Rehab isn't just about getting your body right, it is about getting your mind right too.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

it is about getting your mind right too.

image.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

When the banner unlocks full transparency...do we get an extra life? 

To the resident experts on this injury to Robert. What are the chances he aggravates the same injury? Was that injury somewhat of a freak thing? I agree his mental recovery from the injury will be every bit as hard as the physical part. 

37 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

To the resident experts on this injury to Robert. What are the chances he aggravates the same injury? Was that injury somewhat of a freak thing? I agree his mental recovery from the injury will be every bit as hard as the physical part. 

@ptatc

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

We must sacrifice another.

If someone else gets hurt, this may be ban worthy.

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

It's tough to say. Any muscle injury like that, increases the chance it will be injured again.

However the mechanism of this injury was a fluke as he tripped right before the bag and tried to stretch for the bag. 

29 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Oh man NOOOOO. 

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Someone go get a chicken 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Someone go get a chicken 

Give em Ron.

His first AB was a flyout to the warning track in CF, just in front of the 400 ft sign