7/20 Gamethread: Keuchel vs. Ober

KrankinSox

22 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I joked in the GT last night that it would be the last we saw of Burger for a while after he swung 3-0. And that's how we get two catchers in the same lineup.

Collins as lefty batter and apparently he wants Zavala to catch Kuechel (more off-speed - harder to catch)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

Collins as lefty batter and apparently he wants Zavala to catch Kuechel (more off-speed - harder to catch)

Fair take.  But yeah, Collins and Zavala in the same lineup is something of an eyesore.  No way around it.

40 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

This is really swell.

I agree,  but since several lousy teams are among these leaders it makes a point that someone has to get on base.  I will take a 25 home run guy who hits .300 any day over a guy who hits .220 with 40 home runs.

19 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

Sheets be in the locker room right now yelling "My back!" after carrying this offense. 

Sheets bailed out TLR who made awful pitching decisions in the DH.  Pitching Lopez and Foster in the second game after losing the first game.  Not pitching Hendricks in the 8th of the first game, when we needed a strikeout and going with Crochet and Burr instead,probably because it was not a save opportunity in TLR mind.  There is no save opportunity in extras when you are the home team.  If you shutdown the opponent on the top of the inning in extras with the 2nd base rule, you normally win.

Edited by hankchifan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I joked in the GT last night that it would be the last we saw of Burger for a while after he swung 3-0. And that's how we get two catchers in the same lineup.

Anderson also swung 3-0 in first game yesterday in a game situation against a pitcher that had walked 2 before him, and popped up.  Anderson is in the game tonight.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Here’s a scary thought. The J&J vaccine is supposedly ineffective vs. the Delta variant. The White Sox all got the J&J vaccine.

I have got 3 friends that had the  2 Pfizer vaccines in February and they all got symptomatic COVID recently.  I am back to wearing a mask indoors in groups.  These breakthrough infections are worrisome.

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Anderson also swung 3-0 in first game yesterday in a game situation against a pitcher that had walked 2 before him, and popped up.  Anderson is in the game tonight.

He sat the 2nd game yesterday tho, immediately after it happened.

• Like 1