7/21 Gamethread: Cease vs. Pineda, 7:10 PM

KrankinSox

Just now, Dan of Steel said:

What is with the offense this series? 

It's weird saying that since we scored 9 runs yesterday, but it's like the offense gets hot for an inning or 2 and outside of that, the rest of the game it's a complete slog. 

That’s every team in baseball 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yermin is also a player that signed away a portion of his salary in exchange for an advance.  Whole thing sucks

Oh man. Hope he's alright. At least he's got 470k followers on Instagram so he might be able to become an influencer. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Oh man. Hope he's alright. At least he's got 470k followers on Instagram so he might be able to become an influencer. 

I mean he's a former pro ballplayer and a guy that will never have to buy a drink in Chicago the rest of his life.  He def has a lot of opportunities I hope he can see the light in his life.

14 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:Cease wasn't sharp tonight but to be playing one of the most extreme pull hitters in baseball straight up in that position was insane. Those 2 runs were entirely preventable.

It's a subtle thing but the lack of shifting has really hurt the Sox this year.

TLR is a traditionalist.  Shift is not old school.  It is “disrespectful”  to the traditions of the game. I guess that is Tony’s thinking on shifting.  Actually the old timers want to ban the shift. 

Just now, hankchifan said:

TLR is a traditionalist.  Shift is not old school.  It is “disrespectful”  to the traditions of the game. I guess that is Tony’s thinking on shifting.  Actually the old timers want to ban the shift. 

This is exactly right

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

yermin is 28 years old.. if he thinks he isn't getting in mlb any time soon than retirement isn't that unusual.

Yermin definitely was coming back to the big leagues if he stayed in shape and kept his head on shoulders. Doesn’t appear he was able to do the latter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Can one retire from the minors in the States and go play in Japan?   Seems so weird to toil for so long and be so close to the bigs only to call it quits before making any real money. 

weird, and yet befitting of him if you've heard any of the stories about him in the recent past

this shouldnt shock anyone