7/21 Gamethread: Cease vs. Pineda, 7:10 PM

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Splitting a series at HOME, against this terrible MIN team, is a bad way to go into a road series against a 1st place team.

I guess the only thing we've got going is that they just got swept by KC at home. They also threw their worst 2 starters against them though. We're gonna get their best 3. 

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

IMO you have to get Kopech ready as a starter. Cease just throws too many pitches to be effective come advanced scouting in the playoffs. Which unfortunately means trading for 2 RH relievers at this point to replace him and Codi. 

You know teams only use 3-4 Starters in the playoffs right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

IMO you have to get Kopech ready as a starter. Cease just throws too many pitches to be effective come advanced scouting in the playoffs. Which unfortunately means trading for 2 RH relievers at this point to replace him and Codi. 

Why not flip roles for Cease and Kopech?

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Fucking Codi Heuer. This whole bullpen has regressed and I just don't get it....

Heuer, Marshall, bummer, Foster, crochet........

All from last year.....

Those guys don't have a track record except for pitching in a Covid season against two bad divisions. Crochet and Bummer I still have faith in. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Those guys don't have a track record except for pitching in a Covid season against two bad divisions. Crochet and Bummer I still have faith in. 

I think Bummers struggles are all babip related. A 31% k rate + 73% GB rate are a ridiculously impressive combination. He's fine.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I think there's an argument to be made Kopech is more valuable going 2 innings multiple times in a playoff series rather than going 4 or 5 innings once.

That and Cease walks too many guys and collapses too easily to be trusted in the bullpen.