7/21 Gamethread: Cease vs. Pineda, 7:10 PM

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Offense just sleep walking tonight. Can't chain hits together and hitting the ball into the ground for double plays at the worst times. 

Need to hit and run more.  We are a ground ball hitting team.  Hit and runs move the defense and open more holes.  It is worth a try risking one out and not a DP, particularly with a fast runner at first.

It’s amazing so many people loved Collins, I think Collins and sheets and burger are all the same throw yermin in there too. Get rid of them if you can get something back to help this team do it. Collins is a career 250 minor league hitter and obviosly sucks at catching. Sheet s will be exposed. Burger might have a shot but still blocked. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The combination of drafting Fulmer and how egregiously they rushed him up the ladder despite him not ever being effective takes it for me.

That was the buddy bell era was it not?....a guy in charge of player development when nobody cared about player development 

24 minutes ago, That funky motion said:

So we are going to take a pitcher who is great in his role and make him a starter. Then we are going to take a starter and put him in the pen. Then when Kopech only pitches 5 innings we go to the guy you don’t trust as a starter.  

Yes, I prefer to have the guy who has a better chance of getting hitters out to pitch more innings.  Cease and/or Kuechel have proven they might be able to get hitters out for an inning or two, more than that not so much.