7/21 Games

BamaDoc

4 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Kept an eye on him for 2 years. I honestly hope the Sox promote him aggressively soon, similarly to what SD did with Tatis. And I believe he'll be fine.

Great call! It seems to be an unpopular opinion, but to me, Rodriguez is the best prospect in the system. He's checking every box you can possibly ask for right now.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

Great call! It seems to be an unpopular opinion, but to me, Rodriguez is the best prospect in the system. He's checking every box you can possibly ask for right now.

I always felt this way, too, and would even go as far to say that he should be in the top 100 at year's end.

5 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I’d say his lack of patience is the one box he’s not checking and that’s what could get him exposed as he moves up the system.  Still plenty young enough to make strides in that area though.

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

20 SBs too.  Didn’t realize he was swiping that many bags.  He’s a super exciting talent.

Lots of gaudy SB numbers in A ball this year due to changes to run game (in low A there is a 2 PO attempt limit per AB). I think his 2019 SB numbers are more indicative of his skills on the base paths.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d say his lack of patience is the one box he’s not checking and that’s what could get him exposed as he moves up the system.  Still plenty young enough to make strides in that area though.

Man I don't know, 6% walk rate and 17% krate isn't nearly as bad as the "too aggressive at the plate" stuff would indicate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

Man I don't know, 6% walk rate and 17% krate isn't nearly as bad as the "too aggressive at the plate" stuff would indicate.

Oh I totally agree, but aggression typically gets exploited more against more advanced pitching.  Not a huge deal at the moment, but something worth monitoring going forward.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh I totally agree, but aggression typically gets exploited more against more advanced pitching.  Not a huge deal at the moment, but something worth monitoring going forward.

Yeah, I guess more than anything I think about how when our intl was just horribly unproductive Lenyn Sosa stood out merely because he was surviving at a young age, and he is finally turning it on in W-S, but was crushed in Kanny.

Even if Jose's approach is bad and legitimately would stand out to the evaluators, he has improved his walk rate and decreased his k rate in kanny. Watching a player improve as he progresses just makes me think he could have it all click and really explode at one point given his age.

• Like 2