Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

He removed his profile picture, which I believe was a picture of him in a Sox uniform.

Probably nothing, as 99/100 times we read too much into cryptic social media posts it turns out to mean nothing.

But if the Sox get anything of value for Yermin in a trade, I'm down for that.

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

He removed his profile picture, which I believe was a picture of him in a Sox uniform.

Probably nothing, as 99/100 times we read too much into cryptic social media posts it turns out to mean nothing.

But if the Sox get anything of value for Yermin in a trade, I'm down for that.

Looks like he removed everything Sox related. Maybe he's about to get traded, or maybe the reports of his attitude are correct. Perhaps both.

But apparently there are people on the internets saying retiro translates to something closer to "vacation" than "quit"

Edited by mqr

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

NSC was hinting at Yermin & Lopez to the Marlins for Yimi Garcia.

I’ve heard the Marlins GM Kim Ng is interested in Yermin.

Both (Lopez) have a good opportunity at playing time / revitalizing their careers down there, Yermin with the DH once baseball resumes post CBA.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ve heard the Marlins GM Kim Ng is interested in Yermin.

Both (Lopez) have a good opportunity at playing time / revitalizing their careers down there, Yermin with the DH once baseball resumes post CBA.

They did try to trade for him in the off season, so it seems to make sense that there could be a match here.

I will root for Yermin until the end of his career. He has worked his ass off in the minirs for a decade. He also carried the whole team on his back the first 6 weeks. 

I hope he catches on somewhere. Burger and Sheets , not only because of their good starts with the bat, but also because of their ability to play a defensive position have pretty much buried him on the depth chart.

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

My Spanish is very rusty, but just googling phrases I don't come up with 'el retiro' as I retire, or have retired.  Can anyone with a better understanding of Spanish nuance shed any light?

Mine is non-exsistent, but google translate does give me this.

image.png

• Heads22 changed the title to Yermin retiring? Nope - He is in Charlotte's Lineup; wait, maybe yes?
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • Tony unlocked this topic