Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I will root for Yermin until the end of his career. He has worked his ass off in the minirs for a decade. He also carried the whole team on his back the first 6 weeks. 

I hope he catches on somewhere. Burger and Sheets , not only because of their good starts with the bat, but also because of their ability to play a defensive position have pretty much buried him on the depth chart.

If he goes somewhere else he better learn how to hit a fastball and quick. I think the White Sox were generous with his playing time despite him being a black hole offensively for a long period. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

It also means retreat.  The lack of diversity on this site is hilarious and unsurprising.

We are all acknowledging that we're not sure exactly what he means.

There are a thousand things he could have said in english that we'd be doing the same thing. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mine is non-exsistent, but google translate does give me this.

image.png

me retiro - I retire

me he retirado - I have retired

Estoy jubilado - I am retired

Jubilación - retirement

It is hard to know without more context

1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

I think we misinterpreted that Brian Goodwin tweet a while back re: Adam Eaton, so maybe we shouldn't rush to judgement on this one. However, it is a bit suspect.

I think the tweet on its own wouldn't have been so bad, but the scrubbing of everything Sox related made it very attention getting.

• Like 1

I don't think he cares to add accentos to his letters so maybe "el retiro?" is him asking sarcastically if "he retired?"  Like he's being passed up for call ups (i.e. Zavala over him when Grandal was hurt) and future is cloudy (sox acquiring his clone is Devy Grillon).  Removing all White Sox mentions is the key here...he is probably pissed (whether traded or not).

1 minute ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

Retiro means retirement in Spanish as I am a Spanish speaker. However to these players that have Urban influenced lingo it might either mean moving on from White Sox since his Sox stuff was removed or just a slogan for almost done with season 

welcome to soxtalk 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

Retiro means retirement in Spanish as I am a Spanish speaker. However to these players that have Urban influenced lingo it might either mean moving on from White Sox since his Sox stuff was removed or just a slogan for almost done with season 

Thanks.  

• Heads22 changed the title to Yermin retiring? Nope - He is in Charlotte's Lineup; wait, maybe yes?
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • Tony unlocked this topic