Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

2 minutes ago, quickman said:

That might be true , I will give you that, in that he is quitting, maybe it criminal , maybe it’s what the guy said or maybe he is just pissed he is not on the team. Either way yermin was great for one month and was never going to be more. I hope he is fine and everything is good with him as a human . If he did something sexual and stupid it’s his fault. I won’t back him, just like people on here don’t back dui. 

Seek help

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Anyone blaming TLR is a fucking moron. That is me trying to be nice.

TLR shit all over him publicly after a 3-0 pitch.  He was on fucking fire leading up to that moment.  Everything went down hill for him from there.  None of us have any idea how he took that mentally, so you can't really say there is zero possibility what TLR did had any impact on him.  Clearly things changed for him after that moment.  Maybe it was TLR crusty old ass, or it was the league adjusting to him, or he was never that good in the first place.  We probably will never know and only Yermin knows for sure.  Hopefully he's ok mentally.  That's the most important thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, soulfly said:

TLR shit all over him publicly after a 3-0 pitch.  He was on fucking fire leading up to that moment.  Everything went down hill for him from there.  None of us have any idea how he took that mentally, so you can't really say there is zero possibility what TLR did had any impact on him.  Clearly things changed for him after that moment.  Maybe it was TLR crusty old ass, or it was the league adjusting to him, or he was never that good in the first place.  We probably will never know and only Yermin knows for sure.  Hopefully he's ok mentally.  That's the most important thing.

Maybe yermin should get a life coach ? Poor yermin got yeld at by the manager only to have his whole team back him. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

So let me get this straight, Yermin posted “El retiro” on IG, then play a game with the Knights, and then announces he’s actually retiring?  Why did he even play tonight?

Maybe his family told him to retire and he played instead?  He's been known not to follow instructions.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, soulfly said:

occam's razor says he just got adjusted to. he was slumping before the 3-0 HR.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, soulfly said:

The fact you had to add "crusty old ass" tells me everything I need to know to about you to not respond. Totally unwarranted and irrelevant attack. Is the AAA manager at fault for the last month plus?

Edited by DoUEvenShift

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Unfortunate you don’t like blackouts, as you appear on the verge of one. 

What exactly is your problem? What is it that I said that bugs you? Yermin is gone so what it’s nothing . He is not helping the Sox anymore. What bothers you? Your a fan of his? That’s fine. He quit. You think he was good ? That’s fine he quit. He might be in a scandal ? That’s fine he quit . He is gone who cares? Really it’s not worth it .

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, quickman said:

What exactly is your problem? What is it that I said that bugs you? Yermin is gone so what it’s nothing . He is not helping the Sox anymore. What bothers you? Your a fan of his? That’s fine. He quit. You think he was good ? That’s fine he quit. He might be in a scandal ? That’s fine he quit . He is gone who cares? Really it’s not worth it .

I mean, yea, this. Dude just quit.  It has nothing to do with TLR or the Sox really.  It has everything to do with Yermin.  He has battled demons his entire career.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Everyone points to that game but I can actually point to an AB.  I can't remember the team or the pitcher, maybe someone else will, but there was a relief pitcher that varied their wind-up timing and only did it to Yermin.  I'm telling you, that AB got in his head and, imo, began his demise.  

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Everyone points to that game but I can actually point to an AB.  I can't remember the team or the pitcher, maybe someone else will, but there was a relief pitcher that varied their wind-up timing and only did it to Yermin.  I'm telling you, that AB got in his head and, imo, began his demise.  

humans want to try and ascribe a 1:1 relationship to things.  this just isn't' helpful here.  there were many thing that led to his demise.  the fact that he's a complete headcase battling a lot of demons on and off the field is probably #1, but there are a lot of things that helped his demise.  not being a great baseball player is another big one.

Maybe someone can get to him once he sobers up. Quitting isn’t the answer. Hope he’s got a good support system and the Sox show some compassion. But something like this is tough to come back from. It’s a shame. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

twitter is the dumbest fucking thing.  people trying to make a name for themselves yelling really loudly how TLR caused this.  You gotta be bleepin' me!  These people should be ashamed of their stupidity.

Lol - just read your post after reading a tweet attributing the downfall of Yermin’s career to La Russa’s white supremacy. 

For the record I fucking LOVE Yermin. I was calling for him to be on the roster last year in lieu of Encarnacion after watching him in spring training. I bought a custom Mercedes jersey this April. My posts are just saying that this isn't a TLR issue. I hope he gets it figured out and has a few more years in the bigs.