Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, keith law and yermin are two peas in a pod.  those guys haven't been able to work with others in their careers.  Dan Z is fire. Love Dan.

Nothing Keith Law said is wrong though?  I’m not even blaming Tony for this, but under no circumstance does he warrant defense for how he treated Yermin after that 3-0 homer.  That was beyond stupid / shitty, but probably unrelated to what’s driving this current decision.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You know this is drama the club doesn't need right now.  I like Yermin, but once again he's found a fucking way (in AAA nonetheless) to be a negative distraction for his team.

Ehhh. Realistically, I doubt the guys in the dugout give a fuck. If Yermin wants to quit, I don’t think they’re gonna be too up in arms about it. 

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You know this is drama the club doesn't need right now.  I like Yermin, but once again he's found a fucking way (in AAA nonetheless) to be a negative distraction for his team.

I agree with you on this and earlier in the thread I said He was frustrated with being demoted only to be called out basically saying I was crazy. It’s nice Tony is going to reach out but really yermin does not belong on this team as a catcher or dh. People blaming Tony is just dumb. Let some other team take him. Let him go and see what other team wants him. 

Edited by quickman
Spelling

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing Keith Law said is wrong though?  I’m not even blaming Tony for this, but under no circumstance does he warrant defense for how he treated Yermin after that 3-0 homer.  That was beyond stupid / shitty, but probably unrelated to what’s driving this current decision.

There's two points I'd argue on that:

1) this is pro sports.  guys get publicly thrown under the bus all the time.

2) Law is arguing in bad faith as he knows as well as any other scout, long ago fired or not, the flaws in Yermin's game.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

There's two points I'd argue on that:

1) this is pro sports.  guys get publicly thrown under the bus all the time.

2) Law is arguing in bad faith as he knows as well as any other scout, long ago fired or not, the flaws in Yermin's game.

Look, I’m not blaming Tony for this decision, but I won’t give him a free pass for humiliating his player publicly and telling the other teams it’s ok to throw at his guys.  Doesn’t matter what level of sports this is, manage your shit in the clubhouse and not in the media.  And never, under any circumstance tell the other team they can throw a 90+ MPH projectile at one of your guys.  I hate defending a guy like Law, but if that’s what he’s referring to then I’m in agreement with him.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Look, I’m not blaming Tony for this decision, but I won’t give him a free pass for humiliating his player publicly and telling the other teams it’s ok to throw at his guys.  Doesn’t matter what level of sports this is, manage your shit in the clubhouse and not in the media.  And never, under any circumstance tell the other team they can throw a 90+ MPH projectile at one of your guys.  I hate defending a guy like Law, but if that’s what he’s referring to then I’m in agreement with him.

That's fair.  I am a tough love guy for pro athletes so I really DGAF about what Tony said but I can understand other POV on that.

• Like 1

Two things can be true at once. 

TLR was 100% wrong in how he handled the 3-0 count/HR situation with Yermin. Basically the entire roster sided with Yermin over Tony. It was dumb then and it's still dumb now.

Under no circumstance should that situation lead someone to retire from the sport. Yermin had an incredible 6 week run or whatever it was, but decided he was "above" making adjustments at the plate, wanted to keep doing his own thing, and it led to him going back to AAA. If TLR throwing him under the bus was really his mental downfall, he didn't have much of a future with MLB to start with...

I wish the best for him, he's clearing upset with something and if he's not happy....go find that happiness. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

TLR was 100% wrong in how he handled the 3-0 count/HR situation with Yermin. Basically the entire roster sided with Yermin over Tony. It was dumb then and it's still dumb now.

Under no circumstance should that situation lead someone to retire from the sport. Yermin had an incredible 6 week run or whatever it was, but decided he was "above" making adjustments at the plate, wanted to keep doing his own thing, and it led to him going back to AAA. If TLR throwing him under the bus was really his mental downfall, he didn't have much of a future with MLB to start with...

I wish the best for him, he's clearing upset with something and if he's not happy....go find that happiness. 

This is a very reasonable take.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

100% agree

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

I really just hope he didn't do something stupid with some girl.