Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

Two things can be true at once. 

TLR was 100% wrong in how he handled the 3-0 count/HR situation with Yermin. Basically the entire roster sided with Yermin over Tony. It was dumb then and it's still dumb now.

Under no circumstance should that situation lead someone to retire from the sport. Yermin had an incredible 6 week run or whatever it was, but decided he was "above" making adjustments at the plate, wanted to keep doing his own thing, and it led to him going back to AAA. If TLR throwing him under the bus was really his mental downfall, he didn't have much of a future with MLB to start with...

I wish the best for him, he's clearing upset with something and if he's not happy....go find that happiness. 

Instead of a emoji button can I tip you?

1 hour ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I was told about it a while ago and the supposed event was a few months back. This is all speculation but stories like this don’t typically appear out of nowhere and spread, especially when the sources are CPD.  I hope it isn’t true but we will just end it here. 

There is literally nothing worse than spreading some rumor of this magnitude on a message board with zero evidence or facts to support it. 

This type of accusatory nonsense is honestly shameful and has no business being spouted. 

And trusting CPD gossip boys at that. Jaysus.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, quickman said:

Maybe yermin should get a life coach ? Poor yermin got yeld at by the manager only to have his whole team back him. 

Your generation destroyed the economy and the environment so maybe you shouldn't be ripping others, pal.

You also invented participation trophies and raised the generation that you deem soft. Hmmmm you are who raised you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean, yea, this. Dude just quit.  It has nothing to do with TLR or the Sox really.  It has everything to do with Yermin.  He has battled demons his entire career.

What we've learned from your history here *cough Jake burger* is youre an expert on mental health and how people are feeling so surely we should defer to what you deem as factual on the cause and effect of this entire ordeal. Thank you very much for chiming in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This post is the epitome of what's wrong with society. 

Look I'm all for giving people grace and space.  But at a certain point you gotta grab the wheel and drive for all you're worth.  Their is a spectrum from "toughen up pussy" to "I'm full of anxiety and can't get off my couch".

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tony said:

Two things can be true at once. 

TLR was 100% wrong in how he handled the 3-0 count/HR situation with Yermin. Basically the entire roster sided with Yermin over Tony. It was dumb then and it's still dumb now.

Under no circumstance should that situation lead someone to retire from the sport. Yermin had an incredible 6 week run or whatever it was, but decided he was "above" making adjustments at the plate, wanted to keep doing his own thing, and it led to him going back to AAA. If TLR throwing him under the bus was really his mental downfall, he didn't have much of a future with MLB to start with...

I wish the best for him, he's clearing upset with something and if he's not happy....go find that happiness. 

Actually I’d argue the only thing that’s 100% true is none of us know a damn thing about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, keith law and yermin are two peas in a pod.  those guys haven't been able to work with others in their careers.  Dan Z is fire. Love Dan.

pal, you can't take a joke on an internet forum without losing your mind and blocking posters to protect your feelings. Not sure this is the place for you.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

The fact you had to add "crusty old ass" tells me everything I need to know to about you to not respond. Totally unwarranted and irrelevant attack. Is the AAA manager at fault for the last month plus?

And yet you replied.  lol.  Sorry, maybe his ass is smooth.

51 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Yermin stats in the 14 games leading up to the 3-0 HR off Austudillo in Minnesota:

49 Plate Appearances

11 Hits

4 Walks

0 HR

1 2B

1 3B

OPS .568

The regression began way before that incident

Shh.  The cancel culture does not want to hear facts.  You should know better. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

The fact you had to add "crusty old ass" tells me everything I need to know to about you to not respond. Totally unwarranted and irrelevant attack. Is the AAA manager at fault for the last month plus?

His AAA ops is over 1000 lol.

He has a 167 wRC+ there. He's killed the ball. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Everyone points to that game but I can actually point to an AB.  I can't remember the team or the pitcher, maybe someone else will, but there was a relief pitcher that varied their wind-up timing and only did it to Yermin.  I'm telling you, that AB got in his head and, imo, began his demise.  

Would actually be pretty interesting to go and watch that at bat again.  Then watch the next at bat and next game just to see if he changed something up at the plate.

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea but we can guess.  Something is off with him.  I think we can say that and not make a value judgement.  

For sure.  I was referring to the original TLR/Yermin/Clubhouse thing.  Lotta people made a lot of assumptions and called them facts.

Couple months later…coming out again with all the same “facts” 

For the record I don’t like it.  I bet Ozzie doesn’t like it.  I bet Frank doesn’t like it. Etc. 

• Like 1