Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

3 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I gave absolutely no details on the "magnitude" of anything and the good thing about a message board is that you can scroll past these (public) posts and move on.  But after seeing you bash others for ruining the economy and the environment and saying things like "CPD gossip boys" to get your likes up on soxtalk, I was totally surprised to see you were from Oak Park.  Stunning, and Brave!

Gossip Boys is coming to HBO soon, staring Chi Town Sox and the CPD boys!

• Haha 1

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Message board overreactions and hyperbole should be called "Yermin's." In all my years on these boards, I'm not sure I've seen anything like it, and I lived through the Joe Crede and Jon Garland eras. 

Seriously. Someone even posted about how we should extend him now way back in April lol

• Haha 1

Feel bad for the guy, but whatever issue Yermin had with the organization, this stunt has only made the resolution much harder to find. He probably had some value as a secondary piece in a trade but at this point he pissed it away. Its a shame for everyone involved. 

25 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The wokes always think their outlook is so profound but they have no concept of the fact it doesn't translate to the real world whatsoever.

This point of view is just unreal.  With generations of history showing that if people don't like society or situations, they don't have to take it like a B, and that they can actually do something to try and do better.  Civil, Gay, and Womens rights didn't "translate to the real world" generations ago, and people fixed that.  Obviously this isn't on that level, but there is no reason to just roll over and play dead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This point of view is just unreal.  With generations of history showing that if people don't like society or situations, they don't have to take it like a B, and that they can actually do something to try and do better.  Civil, Gay, and Womens rights didn't "translate to the real world" generations ago, and people fixed that.  Obviously this isn't on that level, but there is no reason to just roll over and play dead.

It's very very difficult to be and old white man in America. Please show some respect, and tender love and care for those suffering from such a shortcoming. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

If universal DH hits he has much higher trade value. Hang on to his rights until that gets settled. 

I don't think anyone is trading for Yermin at this point. 

The Sox need that 40 man spot anyway, just let him go and wish him the best of luck.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes, Yermin is a hero fighting for civil rights and a true pioneer in the labor battle in baseball. Or he's acting like a spoiled brat. You choose.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I don't think anyone is trading for Yermin at this point. 

The Sox need that 40 man spot anyway, just let him go and wish him the best of luck.

Agreed. Now imagine if twice as many teams need DHs. 

• Like 1

I'd also like to point out that for the few months Yermin was in the majors, he probably made more than a lot of people here will make in the next couple of years. It's not my fault he spent it all on an olympic gold medal he'd wear while striking out.

• Haha 1

People that use the term woke and talk about cancel culture are undoubtedly the biggest cry babies of them all. Archaic thinkers fearful of change and accountability.

I'm heading out on vacation but I will miss my favorite sox talk historians who fight tooth and nail to maintain the status quo to preserve their way of life. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

its neither one of those however.. so not really a valid choice.

Fine. If I want to be sensitive to Yermin's situation...

Either he's a pioneer in labor battle or he's going through a tough time mentally and not handling it well. 

But to compare it to a civil rights champion is a joke. An absolute joke.

Poor Yermin. Early this season he was so good you had to have his bat in the lineup every day. He was raking everything. Then the Tony freak out on the home run and his major league career effectively came to a skid, if not a halt.

My hope is he gets released and picked up by somebody and he mashes again. He was fun when he was hot.

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Yes, Yermin is a hero fighting for civil rights and a true pioneer in the labor battle in baseball. Or he's acting like a spoiled brat. You choose.

What the fuck are you talking about

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Y2HH said:

I'd also like to point out that for the few months Yermin was in the majors, he probably made more than a lot of people here will make in the next couple of years. It's not my fault he spent it all on an olympic gold medal he'd wear while striking out.

Not his fault those people can't get a real, well paying job... amirite?!?!?! Just go make more money why don't ya?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

People that use the term woke and talk about cancel culture are undoubtedly the biggest cry babies of them all. Archaic thinkers fearful of change and accountability.

I'm heading out on vacation but I will miss my favorite sox talk historians who fight tooth and nail to maintain the status quo to preserve their way of life. 

Somebody should do a study when and how this thread derailed. It's not always greg's fault. 

As far as Yermin, hope he finds his stroke again. He was fun.

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's very very difficult to be and old white man in America. Please show some respect, and tender love and care for those suffering from such a shortcoming. 

Isn't that a Stereotype?  So all old white men in America have short comings?  Just the  hypocrisy in that statement. 

Edited by Sox80
  • Like 1