Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Everything.

Sure thing.

SS2k5 decided to compare Yermin to Civil Rights leaders in America because the White Sox refused to release when he wanted to be released.

I simply stated that Yermin is actually having a selfish outburst and it's not baseball's fault that Yermin isn't on a Big League Roster right now.

Clear?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I just can't agree with this. Why he vindictive. If he has no place or room in your future at all just grant the guy his release. Hes behind like 30 people 

As many people have mentioned, this is just a very bad take. 

He signed a contract with the White Sox. They are thus far the only organization to give him a shot at the ML level. He gave them an incredible start to the season, and the White Sox did plenty to help turn him into a star. The LaRussa stuff happened and I've made my thoughts very clear on that. However, Yermin going back down to AAA was all on Yermin. If anything, the Sox gave him more rope than normal seeing as he really can't play a position and if he's only paid to hit, batting .140 or whatever he did from May on probably isn't going to keep you on a lot of ML rosters. 

But most importantly...handle yourself like a professional. Ask the team for a trade. I'd be shocked if Hahn and Co. wouldn't try and seek that out for him. Don't bail and "retire" because you're unhappy, then have your family members take to social media to explain the situation. Because this doesn't seem like a mental thing at this point, it seems like a "I'm not a AAA ball player anymore, this is bullshit, I want to play somewhere else and since I haven't gotten my way, I'm going to take my ball and go home." type situation, which I just can't get behind. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Teams release players all the time. They have no spot for him and he doesn't wanna be here. Let him go. 

I will almost always be pro player. 99.9999% of the time. MLB at least has guaranteed contracts but the minor leagues do not for many players.

This isn't opening some can of worms like you're proclaiming. 

Yermin had a $570,000 contract for 2021. With family obligations, I don't  think it would be wise to just walk away unless he has an alternative to provide for his family. 

19 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Sure thing.

SS2k5 decided to compare Yermin to Civil Rights leaders in America because the White Sox refused to release when he wanted to be released.

I simply stated that Yermin is actually having a selfish outburst and it's not baseball's fault that Yermin isn't on a Big League Roster right now.

Clear?

But, he is Woke and immune to the rules about verbalizing political theories on SoxTalk.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Yes, Yermin is a hero fighting for civil rights and a true pioneer in the labor battle in baseball. Or he's acting like a spoiled brat. You choose.

Let me put it in terms that are more applicable. 

Curt Flood.

And I did make clear I wasn't comparing the situations, just to make the point that you don't have to roll over and play dead just because something "is the way it is".

That's lazy at best.  Ignorant at worst.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Watch this have just been a combination of shitty Instagram autotranslate + Yermin's real intent be "retiring from social media" or something like that.

doubt it. he was just upset and looking for attention on social media... 

nothing new really in todays world

Edited by harkness99

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Watch this have just been a combination of shitty Instagram autotranslate + Yermin's real intent be "retiring from social media" or something like that.

Maybe he's putting the rest the "Yerminator" persona. Tonight a new, more humble Yermin is born - and kept in shackles down in AAA by the man, making a paltry $570k. 

Edited by ron883
  • Love 1

Just now, KrankinSox said:

Do you actual think Yermin is doing something brave and heroic for the future of baseball labor negotiations? Or do you think he's handling a tough time really poorly?

It is two different and distinct thoughts.

#1, I think he is struggling mentally, and having a tough time with something going on between him and the organization.

#2, If someone has a problem with the way something is, they don't need to just accept it because that is the way it has been.  They can actually do something about it and fight for a change.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Maybe he's putting the rest the "Yerminator" persona. Tonight a new, more humble Yermin is born - and kept in shackles down in AAA by the man, making a paltry $570k. 

Not quite

• For Single-A players, that’s $10,500 in total salary for five months of work. 
  • For Double-A players, that’s $12,600 in total salary for five months of work.
  • For Triple-A players, that’s $14,700 in total salary for five months of work. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yerminator 2 where he switches to being the good guy

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Not quite

• For Single-A players, that’s $10,500 in total salary for five months of work. 
  • For Double-A players, that’s $12,600 in total salary for five months of work.
  • For Triple-A players, that’s $14,700 in total salary for five months of work. 

I do believe there is an in between  number for guys on the 40 man roster, but not the 25 man roster.