Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Not quite

• For Single-A players, that’s $10,500 in total salary for five months of work. 
  • For Double-A players, that’s $12,600 in total salary for five months of work.
  • For Triple-A players, that’s $14,700 in total salary for five months of work. 

I think he gets a 40 man salary which is closer to 50k, but right, his 570k or whatever salary is prorated to the games he played.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

hahahahah

Great.  Now fake uncle Luis can keep tweeting at everyone who posts a highlight or comment about Yermin to "release him or trade him."  I checked out that guy's activity on twitter and he's remarkably consistent and persistent in his tweets from the beginning of July until today.

Kudos to Tony LaRussa for making that phone call and speaking sense to him. 

Don't know if the phone call happened but might as well swing the fence completely the other way to all those who wanted to hang LaRussa last night for "costing Yermin's career."

It's all dumb at this point. 

6 hours ago, Tony said:

I know LaRussa’s comments on swinging on 3-0 and calling his rookie clueless we’re wrong. It doesn’t have to do with Yermin going in a slump or retiring. It was wrong in the moment like it’s wrong now. I know that to be 100% true. 

I don’t know that to be true.  In fact, the only thing that’s 100% true is that my opinion is the total opposite of your opinion.  

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I don’t know that to be true.  In fact, the only thing that’s 100% true is that my opinion is the total opposite of your opinion.  

I'm incredibly comfortable with that being the case. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

If universal DH hits he has much higher trade value. Hang on to his rights until that gets settled. 

The fact that he cannot catch is kind of important. Usually you could keep a slumping catcher around for defense. He might want to recall Luke Easter who was a minor league hero.

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Not quite

• For Single-A players, that’s $10,500 in total salary for five months of work. 
  • For Double-A players, that’s $12,600 in total salary for five months of work.
  • For Triple-A players, that’s $14,700 in total salary for five months of work. 

That's for guys no on the 40 man roster.

Yermin is on the 40 man roster and this is his second year with an MLB deal so he's making at least $93k.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/even-after-overdue-salary-bump-baseballs-minor-leaguers-still-paid-far-below-nba-nhl-counterparts/1gpql94asy7a10uo5nvc3yp4k#:~:text=For example%2C landing on the,the minimum jumps to %2493%2C000.

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

All the talking heads with blue checkmarks, go eat it now! 

Idiots. 

I don't know what happened with Twitter recently but the bar to being verified has dropped significantly recently. 

Yermin has trade value.  There are non-contenders out there (Miami, Baltimore, etc.) who I bet would love to acquire him and give him another shot.  Who wants to bet that Hahn got on the phone with Yermin today and told him they will make every effort to trade him over the next 8 days but he's got to publicly apologize and confirm his commitment to the game.

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

Yermin has trade value.  There are non-contenders out there (Miami, Baltimore, etc.) who I bet would love to acquire him and give him another shot.  Who wants to bet that Hahn got on the phone with Yermin today and told him they will make every effort to trade him over the next 8 days but he's got to publicly apologize and confirm his commitment to the game.

Yermin probably ruined any bit of trade value he had exposing himself as someone with questionable makeup here. Before it was Sox (and Rays) secret, now everyone knows.