Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

The other GM's have seen that the sox have determined that he is not a major league catcher and we all saw that game where he started at first.  He's only a possibility for a team that would be willing to take on a young dh type.  Best chance for him would be if the NL gets the DH.

Damn, somehow no one posted the phoenix.

Just using Google translate, but:

I'm never going to give up
I lasted 10 years in the minor league I have always understood that the process is great but the talent & what I have shown speak for themselves with the greatest humility I am speaking from the heart. My dream is to be an established player in the major leagues. I have always asked God to give me the opportunity that he gave me 3 months ago. I owe myself to my family, to my organization and to my fans. Something I have failed him I have baseball in my blood    And now Yermin Mercedes is missing Thank you my God for guiding me to the right path and making the right decision Everyone who is going through my situation Hold on to the hand of God that He can Everything and forget the criticisms and bad comments that will always exist To trample on one's personality .. God bless y'all🙏🏽 I love everybody I'm Back

Dude just probably had a really bad day. People can have those.

The only reason this got amplified is because social media has removed a lot of the barrier between athletes and the public, the 3-0 pitch episode, and Yermin's outsized personality. Think of all the colorful characters baseball has had in the past. Do you honestly think none of them thought about about retiring in the middle of the season? Now imagine they grew up in an era with social media. Eventually one of them would have just posted it. Now add in a controversial moment with their manager earlier in the season that was the talk of baseball. Whether it was logical or not, everyone would connect the two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We are about a week away from the trading deadline. I have no idea what is going on inside this guy's head but if his conduct draws Sox management's attention away to deal with it, that is not good for anyone, including Yermin.  

12 hours ago, VAfan said:

TLR gave Yermin a ton of rope this year.  

This is most certainly true.  I still believe he has some limited value as the second piece in a deal.  A second-tier NL team might like being prepared for the probable DH and Mercedes does seem to appeal to a certain type of fan.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

People that use the term woke and talk about cancel culture are undoubtedly the biggest cry babies of them all. Archaic thinkers fearful of change and accountability.

I'm heading out on vacation but I will miss my favorite sox talk historians who fight tooth and nail to maintain the status quo to preserve their way of life. 

Some people here take themselves way too seriously. We're talking about baseball to kill time; sit back, relax, and strap it down.

This was taken from your About Me.  This is text book on why the crazies can't stop talking about being woke and cancel culture.  Preach one thing, then do the opposite.  Message Board gold.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6