Yermin retiring? Nope. Wait, maybe yes? Wait, he's active in Charlotte again.

DurhamStance

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol I wasn’t being serious. Just a weird move with guys like Rutherford, Adolfo and Yermin on the 40 man. Those dudes will never play a (or in Yermins case another) game for the Sox. 

In my mind, they have done an analysis of which guys are least likely to get claimed so they can re-sign them to minor league deals. In reality, it's probably based on what mood somebody's in that day.

7 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

In my mind, they have done an analysis of which guys are least likely to get claimed so they can re-sign them to minor league deals. In reality, it's probably based on what mood somebody's in that day.

I think Burdi, of those 4, is probably the 2nd most likely to get claimed, behind Yermin.  Though Yermin has burned his bridge to Chicago, so not really sure what difference it makes.  Sox will trade him for nothing in December if he manages to not quit again before then. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think Burdi, of those 4, is probably the 2nd most likely to get claimed, behind Yermin.  Though Yermin has burned his bridge to Chicago, so not really sure what difference it makes.  Sox will trade him for nothing in December if he manages to not quit again before then. 

Exactly. He will be with the Marlins or some shit.

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Carson Fulmer got claimed a ton of times.  Burdi will be claimed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yermin clearly isn't in the Sox plans, but since they jettisoned a few guys off the roster before him, it would seem to indicate they want to at least explore a trade before removing him from the 40 man. 

If they move to a universal DH, we should be able to get some lottery ticket for him.

18 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1460339808295866369

Not sure what this says but get the idea that he signed somewhere else. I don’t really care just looking forward to officially be past Yermin and opening up another roster spot on the 40-man.

I keep waiting for him to get DFAd

23 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yermin clearly isn't in the Sox plans, but since they jettisoned a few guys off the roster before him, it would seem to indicate they want to at least explore a trade before removing him from the 40 man. 

Hard to trade a guy where catching a baseball is not a skill,  He might be a career minor leaguer and that's it.