7-23 GT: Sox @ Brewers (7:10pm)

7 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

PER INSIDER SOURCE - Eloy will be in Milwaukee this weekend. 

Hope so, though may as well wait until Monday.  Guess we'll see an Eloy-Engel-Vaughn OF (shudders).  

I would have thought Eloy would have had the day off yesterday if he was coming to Milwaukee today, but we'll see! Insert other media

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hope so, though may as well wait until Monday.  Guess we'll see an Eloy-Engel-Vaughn OF (shudders).  

I would have thought Eloy would have had the day off yesterday if he was coming to Milwaukee today, but we'll see! Insert other media

I'm thinking Monday makes sense. Maybe he won't play today though and then be activated tomorrow (if there is any truth to this)?

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I actually want him playing this weekend and in left field a game. There is a chance that we may see these guys in the WS, so I want him to see the pitching and get familiar with the stadium. The caveat would be he needs to stay within a catch circle lol. 

Jason and The Stone Pony will not be joining the hoards of FIBs making their way to Milwaukee this weekend.

They remain stuck in Jerry's studio in the NBC Tower.

Let's see if it's too expensive for them to hit Wrigley Field the following week.

Pro tip - Hit the Kenosha Woodman's, not Mars Cheese, for your Wisconsin Provisions.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just biding my time to see what happens with trades.

It would be extra nice to win 2 of 3 in Milwaukee but I'm not expecting it unless the Sox pitching staff can hold the Brew Crew to 10 runs or less in 3 games.

Yeah these pitching matchups are rough. I don't think we've faced pitching this good in a 3 game series all year. 

Excited to see the resumption of the series, really missed going up there nearly every Summer when the Brewers were in the AL West. Also loved going to Milwaukee County Stadium to catch the Green Bay Packers, until that also ended in the 1990s.

This will be Game 29 vs. the Brewers as a National League Opponent. The White Sox are 18-10 in interleague games vs. the Brewers, and were 189-169 as an American League opponent. It's sad that the Cubs have now played more games against the Brewers (Brewers are 194-197 against the Cubs, or 5 games more than games played against the Whtie Sox.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

It is somewhat surprising that is so little movement with 7 days until the deadline.

It's a buyers market as for the most part the playoffs are set.  There is no hurry to make a move before July 31st as any acquired guy is not moving the needle enough over the last four weeks....except for Tampa but they exist in a vacuum as they have no fanbase to antagonize. 

3 hours ago, Kalapse said:

I mean Ron's the very definition of troll, there's no real logic to any of it, he posts exclusively to get a rise out of people. Dude likes attention.

Ron and Yermin are Cub fanboys.

4 hours ago, Kalapse said:

I mean Ron's the very definition of troll, there's no real logic to any of it, he posts exclusively to get a rise out of people. Dude likes attention.

i used think this but then have since figured out.. nope he really is this flakey.

22 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Eloy will be back either at KC or at home against cleveland is my guess.

KC just took two at AmFam and The Crew has a minus five run at home. Brewers went 0-4 v KC.

My mom just texted me. She just dropped our dog off at our dogsitter since we're heading to Milwaukee tomorrow. The dogsitter has another dog from someone who's going to be in Milwaukee this weekend, but his seat is in the bullpen and he's wearing #34.

• Like 1