7-23 GT: Sox @ Brewers (7:10pm)

25 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

My mom just texted me. She just dropped our dog off at our dogsitter since we're heading to Milwaukee tomorrow. The dogsitter has another dog from someone who's going to be in Milwaukee this weekend, but his seat is in the bullpen and he's wearing #34.

Wow, how did he score a ticket for a seat in the bullpen? Did he win some type of raffle? 

59 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

My mom just texted me. She just dropped our dog off at our dogsitter since we're heading to Milwaukee tomorrow. The dogsitter has another dog from someone who's going to be in Milwaukee this weekend, but his seat is in the bullpen and he's wearing #34.

So your dogsitter is Kopech's dogsitter  ?

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So your dogsitter is Kopech's dogsitter  ?

I guess so. When my mom dropped off the dog she mentioned that we were headed to Milwaukee to see the Sox. The dogsitter told her that the other two dogs she had for the weekend belonged to Kopech. I wasn't there this time, and St. John seems kinda far out to be an area a player would be, but last time we used this sitter I'm the one that dropped the dog off and this is a 70ish year old woman who isn't likely to make something like that up.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I guess so. When my mom dropped off the dog she mentioned that we were headed to Milwaukee to see the Sox. The dogsitter told her that the other two dogs she had for the weekend belonged to Kopech. I wasn't there this time, and St. John seems kinda far out to be an area a player would be, but last time we used this sitter I'm the one that dropped the dog off and this is a 70ish year old woman who isn't likely to make something like that up.

50 minutes and 33.6 miles away. Not too bad depending on the time of day. Probably drops the dog for road trips and lives nearby. St. Johns is supposed to be a very nice place.

25 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

My insider source (milb.com) says that Eloy is currently in Durham and batting 3rd for Charlotte tonight.

My source said he flew to Milwaukee to eat Chik-Fil-A and celebrate at the parade before flying back to Charlotte to play Thursday night.

19 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

There is no chance in hell they‘re calling him up in an NL park

Per Mark Gonzalez' story yesterday, Eloy will be in LF, Andrew Vaughn is learning RF, 3B and is also considered as a pinch hitter with "great guts".

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20210722/gonzales-andrew-vaughn-has-plenty-of-value-for-white-sox-even-when-eloy-jimenez-returns

"Pinch-hitting, he's got great guts. What a future."... "I could play him (at third) today or tomorrow," La Russa said.

"Right now we're talking about making sure he (fields) balls in batting practice in right field," coach Daryl Boston said. "With Eloy returning soon, you never know where (Vaughn) may end up."

12 years ago today, the White Sox played major league outfielders in right, center AND left field.

It kind of gets forgotten, but AV being able to play LF is one of the first half's more important stories.  It would be fun to go back and read the first few pages on the thread about that potential move.  Vaughn = 1B, LF, RF, 3B, DH, AND PH.   He also has a catcher's build: relatively short, but solid and powerful

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

My insider source (milb.com) says that Eloy is currently in Durham and batting 3rd for Charlotte tonight.

My sources are so inside that no one has ever seen them.