7-23 GT: Sox @ Brewers (7:10pm)

6 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

LOL, whenever the bullpen sucks it is inevitable that someone will ask why Kopech wasn't in.

We all know that Kopech and Hendricks can pitch multiple innings in  every game. And maybe up to 50 pitches each time. LOL 

it ain’t fun to Lose but we will be in the layoffs and hopefully this bullpen gets figured out. Remember it was a major strength coming off last season. No one could have predicted this. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Assuming your argument, you don't think it's equally important to see if Bummer can get outs vs an elite team like the Brewers? 

This! Bummer or heuer need to turn it around.  They can't fix the whole pen in trades.  Others have to get the job done besides the obvious 2 reliable arms.

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I’m mad that I missed it. Trying to find video of it, but I’m not seeing anything on Twitter yet. 

Jason said it's the maddest he's seen Tim since the Keller HBP.

12 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Assuming your argument, you don't think it's equally important to see if Bummer can get outs vs an elite team like the Brewers? 

That was answered.  He should have been taken out after the requisite 3 hitters, but not for Burr. 6 runs in that inning was the result.

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Wow Vaughn was the only guy that showed up today. 

This was my takeaway from tonight's game.  We can see the improvement as Vaughn matures into a real ballplayer with each additional game.  Until reinforcements arrive this lineup puts me to sleep,

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Kinda weird since he decided to get tossed. 

That's probably his biggest failing this year. He has not protected his players at all this year.  It shouldn't get to the point where guys like TA and Gio are getting thrown out of games, even if he takes that bullet. 

Even Ventura got that, but Ozzie was the best at it.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's probably his biggest failing this year. He has not protected his players at all this year.  It shouldn't get to the point where guys like TA and Gio are getting thrown out of games, even if he takes that bullet. 

Even Ventura got that, but Ozzie was the best at it.

Yeah, Renteria led the league in getting tossed.   

Can't wait for his enshrinement to Cooperstown. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Instead now TA is looking at a suspension.  Can Tony play SS?

Why is he gonna get suspended? Is arguing with the ump after you get ejected suspension worthy now?