7-23 GT: Sox @ Brewers (7:10pm)

30 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We all know that Kopech and Hendricks can pitch multiple innings in  every game. And maybe up to 50 pitches each time. LOL 

it ain’t fun to Lose but we will be in the layoffs and hopefully this bullpen gets figured out. Remember it was a major strength coming off last season. No one could have predicted this. 

I said this back on Feb.24 in the 2021 Plan for Kopech Aand Crochet thread.

"I'm a bit skeptical that the pen is a strength because some emerged during the short season and against weak competition. Kopech and Crochet are likely viewed as hedges against the other young relievers experiencing the highs and low of a longer season, stronger opponents and the very nature of the year to year travails of relief pitching in general. "

Just now, chw42 said:

Why is he gonna get suspended? Is arguing with the ump after you get ejected suspension worthy now?

It is unlikely he gets suspended and if he does so the hell what.  They can just treat it as an off day, it isn't like he was going to play in all the remaining games.

What did Tim do after he left the dugout? The the White Sox broadcast out of Jerry Springer's studio show anything?

All we have in terms of either broadcast is Len Kasper reporting that Tim Anderson was ejected and is likely facing a suspension. Don't have any more information other than that, because Len and DJ were the only two at the game (DJ didn't comment on a suspension, but said you need to be smart in these situations).

29 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Here is the TA video, not sure if Len saw anything else, but I didn't see any contact with the umpire near the dugout. Hopeful it's just a fine.

I like the passion and caring enough about the game in a blowout. This team needs some fire and needs to have that burning fire in big games. 

Just a bad loss. I'm glad TLR and TA got tossed.......sometimes u need that.

I was at the game and our guys seemed flat

The bullpen is a real concern. Bummer looked as if he was pitching scared. He rubbed the mound or his pants after every pitch.  His problem is all mental.....guys are getting cheap hits against him and then he loses his shit and starts walking guys. 

We need bullpen help more then anything else. I've been saying it and will keep saying it......go get kimbrel.

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No. Jason called his employer hot garbage last week in disgust. JR's RSN is broke, pay higher cable bills, whoever is still out there paying cable bills.

Thank God we only have to listen to that drone half the time during the season

1 hour ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

MLB should really be looking to suspend plate umpire for his $hitting as$ calls last night any team would lose it with those dumb a$$ calls plus other umpire had to say something to Tim to set him off...did anyone see post-game comments?

I agree with this. You have to know how to do it tho. You can't suspend for one bad call but last night was brutal

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Vaughn is to you as Abreu is to Ron.

Stone is to Vaughn like some posters have become and I suspect he might be part of the reason. I prefer to evaluate players based on what I see, not what others, including Stone, tell me what to see. IMO, the promotion of Vaughn as being even adequate in the OF is a stretch.  Every catch  he makes of a pop up is not a great play. He is probably the slowest player on the team and cannot get to balls that most other ML OFers do.  After Eloy injured himself reaching over the wall for a home run, Vaughn is a perceived as an exceptional outfielder because he doesn't even try to make those plays. In the process, he  avoids errors and injury. Playing it safe is fine, except when a play has to be made...like the ball Vaughn couldn't get to that probably cost Rodon a no-hitter or the umpteen short fly balls that drop in front of Vaughn for base hits. He lacks range in the OF and, like Eloy and Sheets, should never be out there in an important game situation where defense is critical.  If Vaughn, Abreu, Sheets,and Eloy are destined for DH/1B, some decisions will need to be made as Cespedes,Colas, and other outfielders are added.

Edited by tray
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, tray said:

Stone is to Vaughn like some posters have become and I suspect he might be part of the reason. I prefer to evaluate players based on what I see, not what others, including Stone, tell me what to see. IMO, the promotion of Vaughn as being even adequate in the OF is a stretch.  Every catch  he makes of a pop up is not a great play. He is probably the slowest player on the team and cannot get to balls that most other ML OFers do.  After Eloy injured himself reaching over the wall for a home run, Vaughn is a perceived as an exceptional outfielder because he doesn't even try to make those plays. In the process, he  avoids errors and injury. Playing it safe is fine, except when a play has to be made...like the ball Vaughn couldn't get to that probably cost Rodon a no-hitter or the umpteen short fly balls that drop in front of Vaughn for base hits. He lacks range in the OF and, like Eloy and Sheets, should never be out there in an important game situation where defense is critical.  If Vaughn, Abreu, Sheets,and Eloy are destined for DH/1B, some decisions will need to be made as Cespedes,Colas, and other outfielders are added.

Except for all of your eye test here, Vaughn has graded out as a middle of the pack defensive LF.

10 minutes ago, tray said:

We probably should’ve sent Vaughn down a month or so ago when you were clamoring about it! He’s only hit like .350 Since then! 

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

We probably should’ve sent Vaughn down a month or so ago when you were clamoring about it! He’s only hit like .350 Since then! 

He is hitting .255 with 11 HR. Very good for his rookie season.  I never thought Vaughn should be sent down. I just don;t see him playing in the OF beyond this season, where he was almost forced to do,  like the Sox forced Sheets to play RF for lack of any better option.

I would go further and state that I would never trade Vaughn unless it was for another exceptional player, like Buxton.

Edited by tray

13 hours ago, hankchifan said:

This game shows that we have problems beating good teams with good pitching.

Why are you surprised that a line-up missing Nick, Eloy, Lu, and Grandal would have problems beating teams with good pitching?  These MIL pitchers are laying waste to teams with their full complement of hitters, and you think we should handle them with nearly half of our opening day starters out?   Some of y'all really need to level set your expectations.

13 hours ago, hankchifan said:

This game shows that we have problems beating good teams with good pitching. And that we are lucky we are in the worst division in MLB.  I see Detroit now as the main competition in the division.

This may shock everyone, but most teams have a problem beating good teams with good pitching. 9 game lead missing 4 regular players. What you are asking for is the impossible.

• Love 2