Call your sons, call your daughters, call your friends, call your neighbors - Hawk Harrelson will be inducted today into the BBHOF

South Side Hit Men

Congratulations to Hawk Harrelson, who will be inducted along with other broadcasters and writers today into the Baseball Hall of Fame. He was elected last year, with the ceremony postponed until today due to the pandemic.

The ceremony will be televised tomorrow (see link below for details).

https://baseballhall.org/news/2021-awards-presentation-broadcast-july-25

Regardless of your opinion of Hawk as announcer or general manager, nobody could question his love for and allegiance to the Chicago White Sox over the decades, and his love of the game.

Hope he and his family and friends have a great day celebrating Hawk Harrelson's career!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

The sox have been giving a lot more time off to Stoney this year. I like when they bring in a Beckham or Thomas. would really enjoy them working Hawk into that rotation as well. Or even a 3 man booth. Totally agree that it'd be fun to have him in the booth maybe one series a month or so. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I wonder what the TV ratings are this year for the White Sox.

I’ve watched more games this year than the last 4 combined (in part because I bought the Extra Innings package this year and haven’t since 2016, but still).