7/24- Chicago @ Milwaukee, 6:10

BigHurt3515

2 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Guys, guys, guys 

This is what happens when you play players that should be DFA (Leury and Goodwin)

As well as backups (Collins)

And 2 rookies (Sheets and Vaughn)

Particularly against the better teams and elite pitching, when we can’t hide our flaws.

Just now, hogan873 said:

This team is bad on the road against good teams.  I don’t care that they are up big over Cleveland.  They need help beyond Eloy coming back soon.  Hahn needs to be working the phones.

Eloy, Robert, Grandal, new 2nd baseman, two relievers.  You're looking at 1/4 of the roster being upgraded in the next few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, fathom said:

Eloy, Robert, Grandal, new 2nd baseman, two relievers.  You're looking at 1/4 of the roster being upgraded in the next few weeks.

Hopefully.  The hole at 2B is becoming more evident every day with Leury and Mendick being exposed on a regular basis.  It’s been so quiet on the trade front I’m starting to get nervous.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Hopefully.  The hole at 2B is becoming more evident every day with Leury and Mendick being exposed on a regular basis.  It’s been so quiet on the trade front I’m starting to get nervous.

It's quiet for everyone.  They'll acquire a 2nd baseman, IMO

8 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Collins - Garcia defensive pairing is Minor league.  Appears Abreu -Collins defensive pairing is also sub par.  Sox are looking like a AAA team or worse tonight.

Hard to K every batter. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yup.  Goodwin gone, Id personally say Leury gone, Zavala gone, probably 1 more (maybe Burger or Sheets if they are in a trade or tragically sent down) 

1 minute ago, Moncada said:

Yup.  Goodwin gone, Id personally say Leury gone, Zavala gone, probably 1 more (maybe Burger or Sheets if they are in a trade or tragically sent down) 

Leury is going nowhere.  Burger and Sheets will be demoted or traded

Just now, Moncada said:

Lamb homered in his rehab appearance tonight and if you're trying to win in 2021 he's probably a better option than Sheets. At least the pixie dust is wearing off on the young guys/overexposed replacement level types as guys are finally returning from injury.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Lamb homered in his rehab appearance tonight and if you're trying to win in 2021 he's probably a better option than Sheets. At least the pixie dust is wearing off on the young guys/overexposed replacement level types as guys are finally returning from injury.

I think Sheets still looks good enough to stick around for a while. . Tonight is not a good yardstick with the way this guy has been pitching.

Just now, tray said:

I think Sheets still looks good enough to stick around for a while. . Tonight is not a good yardstick with the way this guy has been pitching.

I've been very impressed with Sheets, I just think it's difficult to keep he & Lamb on the same roster.