7/24- Chicago @ Milwaukee, 6:10

BigHurt3515

Burger had no chance.  He should have been given the take sign.  After Burnes walked in a run, Burger swung at 3 pitches and TA at the first pitch, all breaking balls. Burger should be sent back to the minors.  He can’t hit a breaking ball.  I would have preferred Engel or even Hamilton as pinch hitter. What about. Mendick ?Anyone but Burger.

Edited by hankchifan

Just now, fathom said:

Yeah that's a situation where the umpire made a call and should have had to stick with it.

Honestly, the right answer, and the answer I don’t like, is that this game should be played under protest, and MLB should accept the protest for this reason and restart the game right at this at bat.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, the right answer, and the answer I don’t like, is that this game should be played under protest, and MLB should accept the protest for this reason and restart the game right at this at bat.

agreed

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Would they even want him Hayes at 3B?

Probably not. But I would have zero remorse trading any of these guys. That includes Sheets. Yeah cool stories. Don't care I want better players. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

He’d be a huge overpay for Escobar, what else do they have that we’d want?

yep would have to be something else involved, but all their relievers STINK.  By the way, saw a rumor that Mets are interested in the main Pirates trade chips.

• Like 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

Sorry boys not watching game but following you guys and watching replays on mlb.com 

How is it that yoan gets called out when ump clearly called him safe.

This series is fucked 

I got no problem with them calling him out if he actually got tagged. But because the home plate ump fucked up, he never got tagged and because he got called safe, he just went back to the dugout. So he was technically never out and was only out because the home plate ump called him safe and he went back to the dugout. 

It's such a stupid technicality and I don't blame the replay guys for calling him out. Him not stepping on the plate period and being called safe looks a lot worse than some technicality that he should be safe cause the HP ump messed up. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Should count mentions of that 9 game cushion by broadcasters on both radio and t.v. side between now and the end of the game tomorrow evening….

better yet let's count the number of times you mention the Tigers

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Sorry boys not watching game but following you guys and watching replays on mlb.com 

This series is fucked 

Called him safe twice. Once on the initial play, then again on the appeal when they gave the catcher the ball and he stepped on the plate. Of course Yoan could've just slid across the plate and all this doesn't happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

This series is fucked 

Moncada missed the plate. The replay was started ungodly late for reasons we don’t understand. The replay booth saw he missed the plate, took forever to figure out what to do, but called him out. The replay booth called him out, but the announcers are correct - Moncada was called safe, telling him that he didn’t need to tag the plate again and could leave the field. This is a rule problem, and it should lead to an official protest and maybe even a rule book clarification.

Just now, Baron said:

Probably not. But I would have zero remorse trading any of these guys. That includes Sheets. Yeah cool stories. Don't care I want better players. 

I fine with trading them for the right pieces, although Sheets has been very impressive and that goes beyond the flukey HR rate.  He just has very professional approach at the plate and seems like a guy we should hold onto until we land a legit LH power bat.

Yoan is not stupid. He thought he hit the plate or possibly he knew he missed it. If it was the latter, perhaps he thought he might get tagged out when he went back to tag it. Then seeing the ump call you safe, why try to go back and risk getting tagged out ?

I'm getting tired of fans calling Yoan lazy and stupid and Eloy stupid and crazy. They are just young men playing baseball.  Cut it the fvk out with calling them stupid.

Edited by tray
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

He should have seen or felt that he missed the plate, so go back and step on it!

This call reminds me of that play in the Bears Packers game back in 2013. Green Bay got a free TD cause the Bears decided not to recover a loose ball that ended up being ruled a fumble. Always finish the play, regardless if you hear the whistle or if the ump calls you safe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Even if he retagged, the umpire had called time out/play was dead…gave the ball to Pina and he threw it to Burnes, so it wouldn’t have technically been allowed anyway.  Moncada should retag instinctively and instantly after the play if he’s not sure.  Of course, that’s hard to do if you were just ruled safe, but you should have a pretty good innate sense as the baserunner if you got the plate or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I fine with trading them for the right pieces, although Sheets has been very impressive and that goes beyond the flukey HR rate.  He just has very professional approach at the plate and seems like a guy we should hold onto until we land a legit LH power bat.

Honestly I'd love to hear the screaming for the prospect pool given up for Frazier on here. But it would be worth every player given up.