7/24- Chicago @ Milwaukee, 6:10

BigHurt3515

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Collins going down the Narvaez path and becoming one of the best framers in baseball after leaving would be hilarious.

Wasn’t Flowers a poor framer with us too?  Just feels like fate that Collins leaves and suddenly becomes a great framer or they go to robot umps and that part of his game doesn’t matter.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Wasn’t Flowers a poor framer with us too?  Just feels like fate that Collins suddenly becomes a quite framer or they go to robot umps and that part of his game doesn’t matter.

but he's bad at blocking and throwing also

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No one wanted him the last two offseasons

I think it's at least arrow up on Collins' bat this season. A rebuilding team *might* think they can improve him defensively or just wait it out until there's an automated zone. But he doesn't have a fit on a contender at all.

I think I just explained that play to someone on Twitter since the unps wouldn’t do it. God that has to be awful in the park. “Here’s a 10 minute discussion. Zack Collins is hitting. You get nothing more and like it.”

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wasn’t Flowers a poor framer with us too?  Just feels like fate that Collins leaves and suddenly becomes a great framer or they go to robot umps and that part of his game doesn’t matter.

I think Flowers is a different situation because framing wasn't in the public consciousness while he was here. I remember Flowers saying he became aware of catcher framing while watching MLB network! It's not something the Sox were working on with him at all! With Collins it's been something they've tried to improve upon with him since he entered the org and he's still unplayable back there.

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Uh, what?  

There are some plays that end when the ump makes a signal because the player will respond to the signal. That is what he means by “finality.” If the signal says “you have scored”, the right move for the player is to get out of the way and off the field, not to retag the plate. This is fundamentally different from slipping off the base at 2nd or 3rd.