7/24- Chicago @ Milwaukee, 6:10

BigHurt3515

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

All relievers are failed starters, but most of them aren't effective enough at starting to even make the bigs. Maybe there's something redeemable with Lopez. Him hitting 98 is very interesting...

but probably not.

Stuff usually isn't his issue. He had some issues with velo the past few years, but he always makes infuriatingly bad pitches in batches. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Wait until you put him in a close game and he throws some hanging sliders. 

The first slider he threw to the last hitter was a hanging slider, but because he was out of the bullpen the guy wasn’t ready for it.

Just now, chw42 said:

Stuff usually isn't his issue. He had some issues with velo the past few years, but he always makes infuriatingly bad pitches in batches. 

There were a lot of 93-94 fastballs as a starter the last couple of years

I don't think Lopez has any value to rebuilding teams as an innings eater, and why would they want a lottery ticket 27 year old reliever? The ideal situation for Lopez might just be putting him in the Ruiz role to see if anything clicks for him as a full-time reliever.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think Lopez has any value to rebuilding teams as an innings eater, and why would they want a lottery ticket 27 year old reliever? The ideal situation for Lopez might just be putting him in the Ruiz role to see if anything clicks for him as a full-time reliever.

Pretty much

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

Prob is Lopez would have little value to 2b sellers

What do I care about Ruiz, Burr, and frankly, Heuer, based on their performance right now? All 3 can be sent down right? Lopez can’t be worse than them, because the worst he could be is awful and the way already have that. Send one of those 3 down when a trade is made and see if maybe, just maybe, Lopez out of the bullpen is something and we steal an extra decent reliever for the last 2 months?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What do I care about Ruiz, Burr, and frankly, Heuer, based on their performance right now? All 3 can be sent down right? Lopez can’t be worse than them, because the worst he could be is awful and the way already have that. Send one of those 3 down when a trade is made and see if maybe, just maybe, Lopez out of the bullpen is something and we steal an extra decent reliever for the last 2 months?

Heuer is someone they should offer to teams, just like they did in the offseason

So...with Cleveland probably losing tonight and falling to exactly .500, I was wondering when we last beat a team above .500 on the road. 

Well, apparently it's been almost 3 months since that's happened. The last time it happened was against the Reds on May 4th. Even then, the Reds are a team barely above .500. So, the last time we actually beat a a good team on the road was against Boston on April 18th. This team has some serious issues to work out on the road. 

In the mean time, we've gone 0-1 against Boston, 0-3 against the Yankees, 0-4 against the Astros, and now 0-2 against the Brewers. That's a 10 game losing streak to good teams on the road. 

Edited by chw42

Just now, fathom said:

Heuer is someone they should offer to teams, just like they did in the offseason

I would not complain, he doesn’t help currently. But IMO, he’s a throw in based on his current performance. Would I do Heuer for Escobar? I don’t know ask me when sober, it’s Saturday night:

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

So...with Cleveland probably losing tonight and falling to exactly .500, I was wondering when we last beat a team above .500 on the road. 

Well, apparently it's been almost 3 months since that's happened. The last time it happened was against the Reds on May 4th. Even then, the Reds are a team barely above .500. So, the last time we actually beat a a good team on the road was against Boston on April 18th. This team has some serious issues to work out on the road. 

Which is exactly why it's more important to focus on getting the #1 seed than whether Cleveland can pull off a 100/1 shot and actually chase down the Sox.