7/24- Chicago @ Milwaukee, 6:10

BigHurt3515

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So...with Cleveland probably losing tonight and falling to exactly .500, I was wondering when we last beat a team above .500 on the road. 

Well, apparently it's been almost 3 months since that's happened. The last time it happened was against the Reds on May 4th. Even then, the Reds are a team barely above .500. So, the last time we actually beat a a good team on the road was against Boston on April 18th. This team has some serious issues to work out on the road. 

In the mean time, we've gone 0-1 against Boston, 0-3 against the Yankees, 0-4 against the Astros, and now 0-2 against the Brewers. That's a 10 game losing streak to good teams on the road. 

Facts. This is why they need to STHU about being 9 games up and win games for HFA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So...with Cleveland probably losing tonight and falling to exactly .500, I was wondering when we last beat a team above .500 on the road. 

Well, apparently it's been almost 3 months since that's happened. The last time it happened was against the Reds on May 4th. Even then, the Reds are a team barely above .500. So, the last time we actually beat a a good team on the road was against Boston on April 18th. This team has some serious issues to work out on the road. 

In the mean time, we've gone 0-1 against Boston, 0-3 against the Yankees, 0-4 against the Astros, and now 0-2 against the Brewers. That's a 10 game losing streak to good teams on the road. 

I guess we hope lineup updates will fix us. To an extent. But will need to plug the bullpen leak. Well need both to feel good. Expecting a starting pitcher run like 2005 in the playoffs is unrealistic. The team is sort of still raw and unfinished? So I won’t be too disappointed if we get run in the ALCS. 

1 minute ago, kgrittenburg said:

Chicago white sox Nashville Chicken man said we'd get the calls today because of the TLR meltdown last night, in fact, guaranteed it as Baseball 101

What a name

14 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I guess we hope lineup updates will fix us. To an extent. But will need to plug the bullpen leak. Well need both to feel good. Expecting a starting pitcher run like 2005 in the playoffs is unrealistic. The team is sort of still raw and unfinished? So I won’t be too disappointed if we get run in the ALCS. 

I was thinking about this earlier today. The Nats won in 2019 with the 29th best bullpen ERA in baseball, Hudson in the 9th was the only decent reliever they had.

In playoff baseball, Crochet can give 2+ innings but you can’t use him in the 9th or extras, or bring him in if anyone is on base. Hendricks is nails. If they stretch him out, Kopech is nails for 2+. Presumably Cease also is going to the pen since LaRussa is the manager and Keuchel’s a vet. With the extra off days, you could legit pitch Kopech 3 times in any series, with 2 days off between. Bummer is struggling, but if you use him sparingly maybe you could get through a couple lefties. Without any help, if the starters did their jobs, you could survive a playoff series like this. Add 1 quality reliever to this, and there are a lot of options. If Lopez just can do what he did tonight…there’s a championship bullpen here with 1 addition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Facts. This is why they need to STHU about being 9 games up and win games for HFA. 

This BS about tracking Cleveland is a distraction and minimizes the effect of Frequent losses recently.  We need to have a sense of urgency regardless what Cleveland or anyone else is doing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

You can see the improvement happening with Vaughn on a nightly basis. At least that's been one silver lining in this series so far.

When Vaughn finally hits, and Kopech slides into the rotation, Sox fans get their wings. It truly represents moving the needle 

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Milwaukee making us look so bad

Really bad. The team, other than Vaughn, looked listless and low energy tonight.  Completely deflated after Yoan not sliding and missing the plate.  Let’s bring Eloy In ASAP.  We need to inject some change and some energy into the team.

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How many teams lose 4 important regular players for an extended period at the same time and don't feel it in some way?

I'm not saying we aren't hurt. I'm saying we shouldn't be content with our place within the division when our goal should be HFA. That is still very attainable. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

This team is playing on fumes right now. They desperately need Jiminez, Robert, Grandal, and a new 2nd baseman in the lineup. The offense against top starting pitching is a corpse. These are exactly the pitchers the Sox will see in every playoff game. 

Woodruff (2.04) vs. Lynn (1.94)

I think Tampa, Boston and to a lesser degree NY and Toronto will beat up on each other over the next few months. Cruz and Sale will be solid additions so Sox do need to upgrade and we need Eloy and Robert to be major contributors. Hopefully Sox and Houston will have the easier path than Boston/Tampa  to best record .