We Keep Sucking...

2Deep

....and its crickets from front office.

I know I exaggerate but we have been thoroughly beat in Milwaukee but we have done nothing on trade market.

As a fan and on looker it seems we are waiting for Eloy, Yaz, and Luis to come back and call it a day.

Its discouraging!

Edited by 2Deep
  • Haha 1

I'm going to try hard to be nice but. There's been only what I can recall 2 trades so far. The deadline is next week. Why aren't you making a thread about the rest of the teams sitting idle? This is normal. If they do nothing then it's time to blast Rick Hahn with every insult possible. I have the same fear about them doing nothing but eh it's worth waiting to see. 

• Like 1

It's moreso we are ass on the road at winning teams. Our last big boy road win was mid April. But we have to be patient and let the market play out. Some of these teams are either trying to fleece us or they are waiting to see if any other teams become desperate at the deadline to start a bidding war. It sucks as a fan but Eloy is back within a week as are our trade additions. 

I appreciate and respect both of the above perspectives.........I'm just frustrated because I'm worried we are not going to do anything but wait for our injured stars to come back.........AND that may be good enough but I dont think so. We need bullpen help and a bit more.....

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I appreciate and respect both of the above perspectives.........I'm just frustrated because I'm worried we are not going to do anything but wait for our injured stars to come back.........AND that may be good enough but I dont think so. We need bullpen help and a bit more.....

We won't. We've been looking at options for sure. We will add at least one really good bullpen arm and a 2nd baseman. 

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We won't. We've been looking at options for sure. We will add at least one really good bullpen arm and a 2nd baseman. 

Hope so.........been let down too many times by this organization.

Love this team but we seem overwhelmed by good teams

I think it's a little silly to be real hard on them for not doing anything yet. I can't even be real hard on them if they don't add anything but a reliever either. It shouldn't really be a surprise that they have struggled without 3 all star caliber players being hurt. Getting Eloy, Robert, and Yaz back should be huge. 

2 hours ago, 2Deep said:

....and its crickets from front office.

I know I exaggerate but we have been thoroughly beat in Milwaukee but we have done nothing on trade market.

As a fan and on looker it seems we are waiting for Eloy, Yaz, and Luis to come back and call it a day.

Its discouraging!

Takes 2 to trade. Discouraging but not necessarily Hahn’s fault. These teams are likely trying to bend us over.

The AL seems pretty set, other than Toronto and the Yankees being in or out of the acquisition mode.

The problem is we have to compete with the small market A’s and Rays and pretty much every potential playoff team has more abundant prospect capital.

The NL seems pretty much set as well, other than the East teams fighting for the division…especially a desperate franchise like Philly without a playoff appearance for a decade.  The Mets seemingly have an unlimited appetite right now.

The White Sox will definitely have their opportunities with more sellers than buyers compared to a season ago.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Takes 2 to trade. Discouraging but not necessarily Hahn’s fault. These teams are likely trying to bend us over.

To go along with this, there was a report that the Cubs, who are going to be the biggest sellers of the deadline, haven't told teams what it'd take to get Bryant, Kimbrel, Baez, Rizzo, etc.

The Padres, A's, and Red Sox all had their bullpen lose them the game today. The Giants, A's, and Dodgers the day before. 

Guys like Degrom and Acuna have gone on the DL causing teams like Phillies to become buyers. 

Yes some trades will happen over the next few days. The Cubs, Pirates, Rockies, D-Backs, etc cant negotiate 5 deals at once. There are so many aggressive buyers at the deadline though and I don't think teams are going to make an early trade that isn't an overpay. 

I think there will be some deals to be had on rentals that didn't quite develop a market. Tepera or Chafin for example, are guys that MUST be moved for something of value, but their market is much less clear than a guy like Kimbrel.  If a team like the Cubs overplays their hand and still have Chafin and Tepera on the roster 30 minutes before the deadline and the phones arent ringing, they can be had for a fraction of the cost.

Yes, HFA is important, but the Sox have wrapped up their division. An extra week of Andrew Chafin is not worth the difference of trading Gavin Sheets instead of James Beard.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

One thing this team does is make trades to compete. 

A-fucking-men. This team has never been shy about trading for big leaders to improve the team. I have confidence that a relief pitcher and 2B will be added. 

if Hahn makes a trade tomorrow it'll be an overpay. no deals will be made until the last hour of the last day.

there might be incentive to hurry and make moves if the Sox didnt have such a large lead.  and Cleveland keeps losing, it's pretty much the only leverage Hahn has is to pretend like he isn't desperate, that his club is in line to walk away with the division without adding

but if I had to predict what happens at the deadline:  Hahn either makes no moves at all (unlikely), or Hahn overpays for what we get.  And this board will lose it's damn mind

If we really suck (as you say), than making no trades should be our course of action.   Improving a sucky team with an extra bat or a relief pitcher is not going to allow that team to make a run for the title.   Keep your prospects (especially when the minors are not loaded anymore).

I do disagree with your statement though and don't think we suck.   Every team in the majors loses two game in a row at times in the season.    Relax.   This team can win a championship with the players we have now and we'll see over the course of the next week if management is able to make a move that improves our chances even more.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, Baron said:

I'm going to try hard to be nice but. There's been only what I can recall 2 trades so far. The deadline is next week. Why aren't you making a thread about the rest of the teams sitting idle? This is normal. If they do nothing then it's time to blast Rick Hahn with every insult possible. I have the same fear about them doing nothing but eh it's worth waiting to see. 

People miss those knee jerk Kenny Williams trades.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, sin city sox fan said:

If we really suck (as you say), than making no trades should be our course of action.   Improving a sucky team with an extra bat or a relief pitcher is not going to allow that team to make a run for the title.   Keep your prospects (especially when the minors are not loaded anymore).

I do disagree with your statement though and don't think we suck.   Every team in the majors loses two game in a row at times in the season.    Relax.   This team can win a championship with the players we have now and we'll see over the course of the next week if management is able to make a move that improves our chances even more.

Too many young players who need to get those big league jitters out.  The games feel insecure after the 6th inning when the starter is out.