Sox @ Brew Crew, 7/25, 6:08, Game Thread

soxfan49

4 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

2 black holes before the pitcher.  Top of line up needs to do serious damage, I'm confident Lynn will be able to shut down the Brew Crew.  Sox will win the game 4-1

One run off 😃

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Liam in a 6 out save situation isn't the issue, the issue is that he basically gave up an out by hitting Kopech just so he can go and walk Adames. If you couldn't stick with him for more than one batter in the 8th, why the hell did you let him hit? Why was he even in that situation to begin with when you could have double switched him and put in Hamilton in the 7th to avoid Goodwin's terrible defense? None of this shit made any sense and the fact that Liam is good shouldn't earn TLR any credit. 

Don't think it's so cut and dried. Kopech batted because they wanted him to pitch the 8th but with a short leash. If he got the 1st guy he'd pitch to the 2nd guy..

Instead he walks the lead off hitter and he's out of there. It's not like Larussa left him in to walk Adames like you make it sound. He left him in to get outs and since he didn't ,he rightfully took him out.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't think it's so cut and dried. Kopech batted because they wanted him to pitch the 8th but with a short leash. If he got the 1st guy he'd pitch to the 2nd guy..

Instead he walks the lead off hitter and he's out of there. It's not like Larussa left him in to walk Adames like you make it sound. He left him in to get outs and since he didn't ,he rightfully took him out.

Agree with your thought process. I would add that if TLR  pulled Kopech his choices were Liam start the 8th or take a chance w Crochet but he has to face 3 batters. I would have gone w Liam starting 8th to avoid Kopech batting but it appears they didn't trust Crochet. 

Edited by SCCWS

27 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

TLR keeps getting roasted byESPN announcers for all his puzzling decisions tonight.

yeah, and they suggested Vaughn be taken out...that's a smart move, take arguably your best hitter right now out.  I notice there were no comments from them when Vaughn hit a laser the next inning.