7/25 Games

BamaDoc

1 minute ago, BamaDoc said:

Is/has Pilkington reestablished prospect status?  Thought I read about increased velocity somewhere

Great three innings for Thompson. 1 hit 0 w, 4k

I think so and I could totally see him traded this week as he’s probably one of the more attractive arms in the system.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think so and I could totally see him traded this week as he’s probably one of the more attractive arms in the system.

He's boosted the hell out of his value. He's gotta be ranked above Stiever and Lambert. I have a feeling his value will keep on rising. I would hate to trade him now, but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

I'm a sucker for pitchers with a sturdy, big build.

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man, no idea what Zaleski is doing with those Charlotte arms.

Seems like the pitching development in the minors is quite poor still, honestly. I know we're excited about Pilkington but most of the arms in the minors have stagnated this season.

But at least Thompson had a nice start today

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Seems like the pitching development in the minors is quite poor still, honestly. I know we're excited about Pilkington but most of the arms in the minors have stagnated this season.

But at least Thompson had a nice start today

Yeah, Kanny has been ugly but mostly expected given their youth / lack of experience.  I’d actually say the AA arms have done well in Pilkington, McClure, & Bilous.  It’s AAA that’s the most frustrating with both Stiever & Lambert getting beat as well as most of the important relief prospects like Burdi, Johnson, etc.