Question on Brewers/Sox tickets last night

The Grinder

My GF and I hadnt been to Sox game in 2 yrs, last one at GR, so I ordered tix on ticket master for last nights game in Milwaukee and when we got parked and she went to download the tix TM website didnt allow her to do so since I had ordered seats (which she was allowed to do so 2 yrs ago go figure)

So I was unprepared to download the tix on my cell and didnt have my passwords and mobile app, so I did the Forgot Password, got a 6 digit code but never found the place back on TM website to paste  it to. So we are boiling hot in the sun so I suggested we go to ticket window and explain our dilemma. We asked  if we could get a paper tix, and after a series of security questions, I paid the $8 printing fee and the lady handed us our 2 tix the old school way, on printed paper stock

The 2 tickets we paid for online w all the service fees (in section 412) came to $106 ad some change. I cant recall the face value, maybe approx $42 each......

So I look at my paper ticket this AM and see the price of one ticket was $21 face value, for same seats vs Sox

Why was face value double via ticketmaster and could I have walked up to window and scored same tickets for half what I paid TM? I guess I'm out of the loop!! I thought the broker made money by buying in quantity and adding service fees. Buying in quantity yes but doubling the price and adding SC?

Is it a case of charging what the market will bear??
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Get the ballpark app......tickets will get downloaded to the app when you buy

I'm really surprised the box office didn't tell him to do this and went through printing the tickets 

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Well if he couldn’t remember his TM password I think it’s moot

I did the "Forget password?" button which I did and got a code number which I was to insert in the TM website but never saw a place to insert the number....hence the printing of ticket at the window. Was I blind?? I'm not much on computers, I mean a server is a bartender right? :) and a hard drive is a trip thru a snow storm!!