Adam Frazier to Padres

Heads22

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How is Frazier a utility hitter and Hosmer good? Lol

Hosmer has 8 home runs. He's not capable of hitting 25-35 homers. He's complete trash.

And so does Moncada.  Does that tell the entire picture?

Hosmer is the leader/captain of that team, he’s not going to be benched…if for no other reason than his contract.  And he still has a knack for getting RBIs in pressure situations, although “clutchiness” is almost impossible to measure

That said, it would be nice if the White Sox had the stones to bench a player with nearly a deal twice as large as their biggest in team history.

We could actually use Profar at 2B but the likelihood of a Sox/Padres deal is…not that high.

45 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

People patting preller on the back for having to trade for Frazier to get his mega signing Hosmer out of the lineup lol

What is your evidence for this other than a hunch?

Do you want to make a bet how many games Hosmer sits?

I’m going to say less than 10.   Would be willing to go down to 8 or 9.

1 hour ago, mqr said:

What does trading for a guy for going to pay 500,000 have anything to do with ownership

Willing to make gutsy trades with their farm system…and even take back money over talent to a small extent here…in order to put the best possible team on the field.

Whereas most of SoxTalk is relatively split on giving up Sheets or Burger, depending on the return.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Willing to make gutsy trades with their farm system…and even take back money over talent to a small extent here…in order to put the best possible team on the field.

Whereas most of SoxTalk is relatively split on giving up Sheets or Burger, depending on the return.

Not only that... most of sox twitter is arguing over whether we can acquire a 2b OR bullpen help... we should be acquiring BOTH 2b AND bullpen help.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

And so does Moncada.  Does that tell the entire picture?

Hosmer is the leader/captain of that team, he’s not going to be benched…if for no other reason than his contract.  And he still has a knack for getting RBIs in pressure situations, although “clutchiness” is almost impossible to measure

That said, it would be nice if the White Sox had the stones to bench a player with nearly a deal twice as large as their biggest in team history.

We could actually use Profar at 2B but the likelihood of a Sox/Padres deal is…not that high.

This is one of the most insane posts you've ever made. Eric Hosmer has been worth -.4 WAR and is one of the worst players in baseball. Moncada has been one of the 25 best. 

Hes going to be benched for many games going forward because he's awful. My lord.

And no it would not be nice if the sox gave a guy 120 million and he was one of the worst players in baseball.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Frazier is playing everyday and croenworth is moving to 1st base. They didn't trade for Frazier for him to be a utility man.

Ray ray, Caulfield is a diehard Padres fan. I think he knows how their organization will use their players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is one of the most insane posts you've ever made. Eric Hosmer has been worth -.4 WAR and is one of the worst players in baseball. Moncada has been one of the 25 best. 

Hes going to be benched for many games going forward because he's awful. My lord.

And no it would not be nice if the sox gave a guy 120 million and he was one of the worst players in baseball.

All I know is the Padres are trying to improve their team.

Simply pointing out Hosmer has 8 homers is not proof of anything, because so does Moncada.  Now obviously Moncada is walking a lot more, plays better defense and normally is a better, or at least faster baserunner.

There’s zero evidence they’re simply going to bench Hosmer.

Who tweeted that, NSC, Al Clark Sports, Hector or the Foodies?

What the Padres plan to do is use almost everyone almost everywhere. They will likely employ a different lineup every night, using players at different positions even more than they do now.

Frazier has played 708 innings in left field, 230 innings in right field and 63 innings in center field in his career. All the Padres outfielders can play multiple spots.

Cronenworth has started 12 games at first base. In fact, he played there in the All-Star Game, which means at some point this season the Padres will almost certainly have an all-All-Star infield with Manny Machado at third, Fernando Tatis Jr. at shortstop, Frazier at second and Cronenworth at first.

And if they are sitting Hosmer, it’s to play Cronenworth at first, not Frazier.  However, with righties on the mound, Myers is much likelier to be the one sitting with Frazier in right or left, depending if they want to move Pham around.  Probably Frazier more if RF. 

Your time would be better spent arguing that Moncada should be higher than honorable mention in the FG Top 50 Trade Value list.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

All I know is the Padres are trying to improve their team.

Simply pointing out Hosmer has 8 homers is not proof of anything, because so does Moncada.  Now obviously Moncada is walking a lot more, plays better defense and normally is a better, or at least faster baserunner.

There’s zero evidence they’re simply going to bench Hosmer.

Who tweeted that, NSC, Al Clark Sports, Hector or the Foodies?

Your time would be better spent arguing that Moncada should be higher than honorable mention in the FG Top 50 Trade Value list.

Pal, you made some comment about Frazier-croenworth not playing because they can't hit 25-35 homers and hit like utility men. I merely pointed out that both are better hitters than trash Hosmer who hits much more like a utility man than either of them.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pal, you made some comment about Frazier-croenworth not playing because they can't hit 25-35 homers and hit like utility men. I merely pointed out that both are better hitters than trash Hosmer who hits much more like a utility man than either of them.

buddy, Cronenworth will be sitting the least of all because he’s in some ways the MVP of that team…despite lacking the star power or name recognition.

SD already has one of the most high powered offenses, but they need more hitters like Frazier who are consistently reaching base.

It was always Frazier >>> Profar, Kim, Myers (against tough righties)

How many games will Hosmer be benched the rest of the year?  You seem pretty confident, I was going to give you 8-10 but it seems like you believe it will be at least 30 or more (barring other injuries).

Is that a fair summary of your position?

3 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Pretty mediocre return for the pirates, I think only one of the prospects is ranked inside the Padres top30 by longenhagen albeit suwinsky probably also is like in the 20s range if you update. 

In other words, we could have likely beaten in by not paying a lot?

Padres have that depth.

It's also important to remember that in 2020 there were no minor leagues. So teams evaluating these minor league players in trades are going to go with their own personal evaluations.

It's been said that in this trade deadline there's going to be a lot of trades where we are wondering wtf kind of return is that... only for a few years to pass and those players to surprise us.

I'd imagine the Pirates feel strongly about what they got from the Padres in that sense.

10 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How is Frazier a utility hitter and Hosmer good? Lol

Hosmer has 8 home runs. He's not capable of hitting 25-35 homers. He's complete trash.

Gee...I thought everything the Padres do is supposed to be fabulous.

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

In other words, we could have likely beaten in by not paying a lot?

Scouting will have more to do with trades than prospect rankings . I don't follow a lot of teams prospect rankings  but not very many have been updated since earlier this year. Remember there was no 2020 season so in Feb it was a crapshoot ranking prospects. Now that there has been a 1/2 season of minor league ball perhaps performance is a little bit ahead of the toolboxes some of these prospects carry .

Based on performance the Sox don't have a lot of their youngsters doing so well. The team everyone wanted to watch in the off season was Kannapolis and maybe Winston Salem. Both have been pretty bad . Only Birmingham is doing ok. But if you look at Birmingham's lineup yesterday all you see is a bunch of 24-27 yr. olds. If you include the pitchers only Pilkington is under 24 . He's 23.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

buddy, Cronenworth will be sitting the least of all because he’s in some ways the MVP of that team…despite lacking the star power or name recognition.

SD already has one of the most high powered offenses, but they need more hitters like Frazier who are consistently reaching base.

It was always Frazier >>> Profar, Kim, Myers (against tough righties)

How many games will Hosmer be benched the rest of the year?  You seem pretty confident, I was going to give you 8-10 but it seems like you believe it will be at least 30 or more (barring other injuries).

Is that a fair summary of your position?

Wow, MLBtraderumors reading Soxtalk and stealing my thoughts:

Frazier is a left-handed hitter, and while the Padres generally lean more to the right side of the plate, Frazier might supplant another left-handed hitting regular in Eric Hosmer.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Wow, MLBtraderumors reading Soxtalk and stealing my thoughts:

Frazier is a left-handed hitter, and while the Padres generally lean more to the right side of the plate, Frazier might supplant another left-handed hitting regular in Eric Hosmer.

Sure, pal.

I’m sure they have nothing better to do than read SoxTalk for predictions about what the Padres will do.

Profar=.538 OPS vs. lefties

Kim=.569 OPS vs. righties

Myers=.670 OPS vs. lefties

Hosmer=.699 OPS vs. righties

Pham also has a decided split in his numbers.

Frazier, .850 vs. lefties and .830 vs. righties

Conclusion=Grisham, Tatis, Machado and Cronenworth will play almost everyday from here on out, with Frazier taking or rotating time with four regulars, and Ha Seong Kim basically losing all of his playing opportunities for the remainder of this season.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Sure, pal.

I’m sure they have nothing better to do than read SoxTalk for predictions about what the Padres will do.

Profar=.538 OPS vs. lefties

Kim=.569 OPS vs. righties

Myers=.670 OPS vs. lefties

Hosmer=.699 OPS vs. righties

Pham also has a decided split in his numbers.

Frazier, .850 vs. lefties and .830 vs. righties

Conclusion=Grisham, Tatis, Machado and Cronenworth will play almost everyday from here on out, with Frazier taking or rotating time with four regulars, and Ha Seong Kim basically losing all of his playing opportunities for the remainder of this season.

Of qualified players, Hosmer is the 3rd worst player in baseball and you're on here continually arguing that he won't be replaced lol.