Adam Frazier to Padres

Heads22

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There was never a Hosmer is great perspective.

Where?  

So far you’re already 0/2, since he hasn’t sat out either game.

And you might be 30% right and 70% wrong because the only time Cronenworth will be at first will be against LHP.

Your position is that he would be benched everyday.

I said all along that Cronenworth would be in the starting lineup, pretty much everyday, SOMEWHERE.   Just like Frazier has been at second and left field, but your original argument was that Frazier was acquired to bench Hosmer 100% of the time.

We will see tomorrow what Tingler does against another LHP in Freeland.  Cronenworth, Hosmer and Profar will probably sit.  Then Hosmer will play against Gray (if not traded), Marquez and no idea about Gomber on Sunday.

Statistically, Hosmer should be hitting/starting 65-70% of the time, which is not being benched, it’s closer to a platoon.

LOL what player in the entire league is benched everyday?

My comment was he would now be a bench player. Caufield, please stop making up nonsense. Thanks.

Statistically Hosmer should not be playing 70% of the time lolol. He's the 2nd worst player in baseball. You crack me up.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 4:10 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

I will say this is a good sign that rentals should come dirt cheap.  Even if you really like Marcano, he’s not a blue chip prospect by any stretch and the rest of the package doesn’t appear to overly interesting.

In hindsight, especially looking at the cost of the Marte and Gallo trades, the Padres did amazing here (or the Pirates front office are just idiots.... which is not unlikely). I don't care how much they liked Marcano, based on the other deals happening they should have gotten him plus another real prospect.

Another example of a team getting a great price by being the first to market.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL what player in the entire league is benched everyday?

My comment was he would now be a bench player. Caufield, please stop making up nonsense. Thanks.

Statistically Hosmer should not be playing 70% of the time lolol. He's the 2nd worst player in baseball. You crack me up.

So your definition of a bench player is now sitting 30% of the time?  You said he was the third worst statistically qualified player in baseball and therefore shouldn't play at all, right?  Why are the Padres so dumb to not follow your analysis?

So far, since you benched him, he is 2/4 with a walk. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

OMG.

Stop the presses!

Hosmer is in the line-up against LHP Kyle Freeland, who he is 3 for 16 against in his career.

Looks like he is magically now 3/3 in games played.   Despite the dreaded fWAR argument that could be just as much about Grandal or Moncada as properly valuing 1B positionally.

Going by past numbers and splits, they/Tingler should have sat Profar, Hosmer and Cronenworth.  This is one of those subtle nuances cases where knowing your players is more important than looking at fWAR as the be all, end all in putting together a team or even a starting lineup.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Frazier "benched."

Hosmer 3/5 with a walk since Ray Ray called him out. 

Can we have an Eric Hosmer thread in The Diamond Club section once the Trade Winds closes down for the season? I'm serious about this. Soxtalk must know who comes out on top in this dispute. 

Edited by ron883

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Can we have an Eric Hosmer thread in The Diamond Club section once the Trade Winds closes down for the season? I'm serious about this. Soxtalk must know who comes out on top in this dispute. 

Ray has to publically repent his sins and join Caulfield‘s Church of the Holy Trinity(Padres, Royals and Puig)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

4/7, walk, lost an RBI when a baserunner runner was thrown out at home…

Only when Ray Ray accepts responsibility for misreading the Frazier trade.  We all know that won’t happen.

So sure, if the SoxTalk community clamors for it…