WHITE SOX WINNER!

harkness99

2 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Eloy first one back tomorrow....and we weathered the storm by going 19 over .500 and building a 9 game lead in the division.  Let's do this shit

Hell yea.  Let’s let the most talent in the league hit the gas a bit and cruise to the 1 seed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

I liked the comment that maybe LaRussa was sending a message to the FO to get him somebody for the 8th

You know Tony can just tell Hahn that they need a setup without potentially punting games right?  These dudes aren’t 1st graders incapable of having a conversation.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Great win.  

Goodwin you helped when we needed it but now all of Sox fans have one message for you sung in unison

tenor.gif?itemid=20028269

Goodwin has been misused as a CFer. I know TLR is trying to put as many good bats in the lineup as possible with all of our injuries, but for a team that relies on pitching, we shouldn't be screwing our pitchers by playing one of the worst defensive OFs in baseball with Goodwin in CF and Sheets in RF. It also sucks that Engel can't play everyday due to his hamstring injury. 

7 hours ago, XplodingScorbord said:

Can someone explain Kopech swinging a bat when he’s then replaced in the bottom half of the inning?

LaRussa was trying to see if he could get Kopech through a second clean inning before going to Hendricks, but Kopech’s use has been so limited that he’s not stretched out for anything more than a short, one inning burst. He immediately walked Adames to bring the tying run to the plate in the form of Narvaez, so there was genuine risk of that move costing him the lead. 

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Kopech should have been double switched.  Hamilton or Engel should have been in CF and the 7th inning wouldn't have been very stressful.  

Yeah, I can offer no intelligent reason why there wasn’t a double switch in the middle of the 7th when the pitchers spot would be up 3rd in the 8th. That is supposed to be pretty standard for an NL manager.

Much needed win.  Lynn looked great again, and his single that drove in the winning runs was key.  Kopech looked okay.  He did a nice job battling through his first inning, but there was no reason to have him bat and start the 8th.  Hendriks was the guy we needed at the time we needed him.  The guy we saw last night is the crazy SOB we're going to need in the playoffs.

Good to see the Sox win a game against a really good team on national TV.  It was the pitching duel that was advertised, but part of that was due to the Sox hitters continuing to look like poop.  It's a strange night when Zavala and Lynn drive in your only runs.

Speaking of Zavala, from what I've seen, he does a better job behind the plate than Collins.  And he received praise again from Lynn.  Any chance he sticks around and Collins goes down when Grandal comes back?

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Kopech should have been double switched.  Hamilton or Engel should have been in CF and the 7th inning wouldn't have been very stressful.  

Wrong... the reason Kopech stayed in the game and did not get double switched for is because Collins hasn't been the best at receiving and there was no way Tony wanted Crochet to pitch to 3 batters starting the 8th. He got Crochet up in case Kopech couldn't get out Yelich. 

I'm defending LaRussa on this one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheCommish said:

Wrong... the reason Kopech stayed in the game and did not get double switched for is because Collins hasn't been the best at receiving and there was no way Tony wanted Crochet to pitch to 3 batters starting the 8th. He got Crochet up in case Kopech couldn't get out Yelich. 

I'm defending LaRussa on this one. 

Could have double switched Garcia for Mendick and the pitcher would have been in the 7th spot in the lineup. 

Yeah, I totally disagreed with letting Kopech take his first ever MLB at-bat if we were just going to pull him if he walked one guy.

I feel like the odds of scoring insurance runs by pinch-hitting there outweigh the benefit of him maybe pitching a clean 8th.

But it's just one regular season game. I'm not losing my mind over it. There is some benefit to getting Kopech a taste of hitting, and maybe he comes back and gets 3 outs quickly.

• Like 1