Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

If were willing to roll the dice, we should consider trading Keuchel right now while there is a complete lack of starters available and a ton of teams desperate for pitching.  Not going to happen, but that Keuchel contract is going to ugly in the not too distant future and maybe as soon as next year.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

If were willing to roll the dice, we should consider trading Keuchel right now while there is a complete lack of starters available and a ton of teams desperate for pitching.  Not going to happen, but that Keuchel contract is going to ugly in the not too distant future and maybe as soon as next year.

I guess he's more interesting than someone like Eric Hosmer. Unlike Hosmer, he's still an average starter. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Absolutely, I've been saying the same thing.  He'll never have more value than right now.  Some desperate ass club will take him.  Mariners would take him I'd imagine.

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

I guess he's more interesting than someone like Eric Hosmer. Unlike Hosmer, he's still an average starter. 

He’s slightly overpaid in terms of AAV for what he’s going to give you, but as long as team limits his innings next year you can avoid the real problem that will likely be 2023.