Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

With how crappy the Sox farm system is right now, I'm not sure they could even acquire any relievers that would be any better than the  guys they currently have. They might be better off hoping guys like Heuer can figure it out. 

just stop.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

With how crappy the Sox farm system is right now, I'm not sure they could even acquire any relievers that would be any better than the  guys they currently have. They might be better off hoping guys like Heuer can figure it out. 

Oh stop. This is dumb 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If were willing to roll the dice, we should consider trading Keuchel right now while there is a complete lack of starters available and a ton of teams desperate for pitching.  Not going to happen, but that Keuchel contract is going to ugly in the not too distant future and maybe as soon as next year.

I don't see many, if any, beyond the Dodgers and Mets willing to take on that contract until at minimum the next CBA is passed and there is clarity regarding "luxury" tax and other disincentives to spending.

Most of the big market teams are focused more on staying under the tax threshold than winning. Even the Padres are up against it. The Dodgers and Mets are the only two teams willing to go over the threshold, and they may not be more desperate than now with their current situations (Kershaw hurt, domestic violence/rapist sticky stuff guy likely not returning anytime soon; the Mets decimated by injuries).

Otherwise, the Sox can't even DFA him because if someone picks him up at the minimum and he reaches the 160 the next two seasons, the Sox will be responsible for all three years, and the claiming team just the ML minimum.